Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge fix
Agreed with Analog and sorry for being carried away :|
May be a on weekend the system turn back to normal or a event should sound good ....
(07-24-2015, 12:52 PM)WhiteK Wrote: I never complain whenever anyone try to help me ! what i mean is Ray want to give the new player some challenge not just have a higher-hand to help them pass through things like thin air , and 1 more things u know i NOT ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOP so stop thinking like that , it really make peps like me piss off , a good daily is not a game u spend tons of money in to finish it then move to the other games , this is not Market-type MMO this is a MMO where u gain by HARD WORK NOT JUST HAVE HIGH LV OR MONEY TO HELP U , not everyone is millionaire u know :| and also what is the problem if we just slow down a bit to reach to cp milestone , it not like the world coming to an END and u want to rush thing up , if u want to rush thing like that i suggest u play other MMO and let see how it turn out

First I jumbled my words and meant you complain when higher levels help others, which you are doing.

Ray was still giving new players a challenge, if you're not near the top I bet you've been carried at least a little before.

Where in my post did I mention ANYTHING about money? Either you're responding to someone else whose comment I didn't see or you're making logical leaps of fate.

I also didn't say that this game is meant to played/beaten fast, yet another logical leap of fate.

The problem with slowing down getting cp is that it's an unfair system. Did you read most of my post? I was saying how without being carried at all it would be that much old vs new and the older way had a HUGE advantage over how it's done now. If it was "a bit" there wouldn't really be a problem, but when "a bit" isn't until you're 50 levels higher there's a problem.

If I was actually competitive and trying to catch up with players higher level than me I'd be pissed that the game was made harder, wouldn't you? It'd be like "Every player on the top ranks gets a huge boost to their xp/gold/card drops rate the ones higher up getting the bigger boost" It's an unfair advantage for the people that are higher up and discourages anyone trying to catch up.

Also, if you respond to this message how about responding to the points I actually made instead of making stuff up again.
I'm growing less fond of reading this topic.

Quote:It is in fact your recent change that is very biased for one specific guild in order to give them an advantage over everyone else.

Haven't had my coffee yet, so don't take this as a defensive or angry response since i'm not as smooth with my sentences without it, but I feel the need to respectfully go through my mentality, where it's not some simple decision that I just throw together.

The change was going upon the requests of a lot of individuals, not including those in specific competing guild(s). No changes are intended to give anyone a boost as you're suggesting...I see a similarity between that comment and making codes invalid/limiting event packs to 2 being unfair to kong players since they can't retroactively receive what pre-kong players received; biased towards specific group of older players in order to give them an advantage? Every balance change would be made in order to give specific groups an advantage from that perspective, and with that perspective a lot of eventual balance changes will make those with such said perspective very unhappy with future patches, I can foresee that now, but can do nothing to prevent it. 

If being favorable were the case we wouldn't be having this open discussion on ways to improve the system for everyone. I don't care if you're a free player, or if you build a bridge with an Idle Online Universe flag across it, i'm not aiming to make decisions in any individual's or guild's favor, but the game overall. If balance changes take away top investing players, i'll be upset that I upset a previously otherwise happy player, but i'm not going to stop enjoying game development to make specific people happy, at the expense of everyone else. Please keep this in mind.

I simply prefer a solution that would be the most ideal for everyone, not a couple of guilds that are growing exponentially more competitive.

As I said in the past, I didn't care about the dragging, but so many people were sending me complaints and messages about being bothered to drag, or having to find someone to drag them, that it became apparent that it wasn't community collaboration, but more a begging game. 

I'm going to pick a solution out of these for the next patch that I feel is most beneficial to the game, which is as mentioned what I feel would work best for everyone. This topic is bringing out the negative in the old positive of the community, and i'd love to see it turn around in a less argumentative debate.

Keep it cool, forward your thoughts, but there's no point in arguing perspectives here since we all see things differently.

Cheers,
Ray
(07-24-2015, 04:36 PM)itsme Wrote: The problem with slowing down getting cp is that it's an unfair system. Did you read most of my post? I was saying how without being carried at all it would be that much old vs new and the older way had a HUGE advantage over how it's done now.

Sadly yes.

Basically my challenge progress stop because new patch. I need to wait for 700 cp xx months till my guild mates reach my damage.

700 cp damage bonus is nothing for me now (Iam near to 200k auto damage), but it is about principles - where drastic core changes are not welcome.
I've read the suggestions in this thread again and actually found out that I had missed Ray's last reply in this thread. Ray said, "I'm going to pick a solution out of these for the next patch that I feel is most beneficial to the game, which is as mentioned what I feel would work best for everyone." which I'm happy about.

After reading, Analog's idea I like it, but maybe a tiny difference to make it ever so slightly better. I'm referring to mainly his second point in which he suggests (paraphrased) "Unlock duo/group after ACCESSING the last boss of solo mode (you don't have to defeat it.) You won't be able to beat the last boss of the challenge until you beat it in solo..."

I like this idea and think it would give players a chance to get the cp I feel they deserve. However, maybe switch it up just a tad so that you unlock the duo/group after beating the first enemy in solo, HOWEVER you can only get cp (and other resources) from the same enemies you have defeated in solo. For example, Silver werethings you beat the fist 5 enemies, you have silver werethings duo and group unlocked, however, when you do them, even if carried by a higher level player and beat the last boss, you only actually get credit for the first five since that's how far you've gotten in solo.

Now a small problem I see with Analog's number 2 and my slightly different suggestion would be explaining either of them. Unless you add some kind of help section I don't see a way to explain this in-game. Since this would be something that affects low level players this could be an issue.

An additional problem I see with these is a much smaller problem in Analog's theory, but a bit more noticeable in mine. People may just leave the party after they've defeated the last enemy they can get credit for. I mean, if you're only to get credit for 5, why sit around and even try beating the rest? As I said this isn't much of a problem with Analog's idea since there would only be the last boss with which this could happen, but since it's only one I think only assholes would quit when there's a good chance of winning. With mine they could leave much earlier leaving the rest of the party up shit creek.

Also, I think these ideas would work with either the old solo difficulty, or the new and it wouldn't affect it too badly, so I don't really have an opinion on which it should be if this method is implemented.

I thought about this and figured I should throw one more consideration since it seems like Ray will do something. I'm looking forward to what it is. Smile
Hey guys, i've come up with a slight mix of everyone's suggestion and have come up with the simplest, cleanest solution that I feel meets fairness globally.

1000 diamonds to unlock duo/group if you haven't beaten solo

...kidding.

Level requirements are not fair to those who have Kangaroo Tail strength and are able to complete solo before-hand, so i'm going to add a second system on top of the existing:

Duo/Group Requirements:
  • Bronze = SOLO or Reach Level 40
  • Silver = SOLO or Reach Level 75
  • Gold = SOLO or Reach Level 100
  • Platinum = SOLO or reach Level 150
  • Ragestone = SOLO or reach Level 200 (inferno)
This allows those who have not had a chance before the change to still be able to if they reach a fair milestone, or if they complete SOLO as it is currently designed. I don't think we could get more simple and fair than this. The level requirements are subject to change, but this is the route i'll be taking.

Cheers,
Ray

ps. Sorry itsme, it's technically your original idea that was shot down, simply embedded into the mix Smile  You were heard after all!
(07-26-2015, 06:46 AM)Ray Wrote: Hey guys, i've come up with a slight mix of everyone's suggestion and have come up with the simplest, cleanest solution that I feel meets fairness globally.

1000 diamonds to unlock duo/group if you haven't beaten solo

...kidding.

Level requirements are not fair to those who have Kangaroo Tail strength and are able to complete solo before-hand, so i'm going to add a second system on top of the existing:

Duo/Group Requirements:
  • Bronze = SOLO or Reach Level 40
  • Silver = SOLO or Reach Level 75
  • Gold = SOLO or Reach Level 100
  • Platinum = SOLO or reach Level 150
  • Ragestone = SOLO or reach Level 200 (inferno)
This allows those who have not had a chance before the change to still be able to if they reach a fair milestone, or if they complete SOLO as it is currently designed. I don't think we could get more simple and fair than this. The level requirements are subject to change, but this is the route i'll be taking.

Cheers,
Ray

ps. Sorry itsme, it's technically your original idea that was shot down, simply embedded into the mix Smile  You were heard after all!

YAY!!!
Duo/Group Requirements:

Bronze = SOLO or Reach Level 40
Silver = SOLO or Reach Level 75
Gold = SOLO or Reach Level 100
Platinum = SOLO or reach Level 150
Ragestone = SOLO or reach Level 200 (inferno)

that change sounds good
My idea was more for many level requirements across the challenges instead of a set for each difficulty. So it seems an easier version of what I first suggested, which is fine. Since at the same difficulty Rat's will be much easier than Werethings it's a bit strange to be able to unlock them at the same time.

However, I think this is an improvement over the current system and it doesn't need too much work (I assume) for rebalancing if needed. If the levels are only for unlocking duo/group and not solo I think it works pretty well.

I'm still concerned about the strength of the last boss for certain challenges making players wait to unlock challenges when they actually have the strength to beat a good amount of them, but I'm not too sure...

Actually (pretend I'm talking instead of writing, I type like that and am changing my mind a bit here) I think these aren't bad, with my calculations it was actually silver with me as roughly level 100 or even higher, so by then I'd have it long unlocked. There could be some issue with a few CPs not being able to be obtained with your own strength, but this reduces it to a very small number (I'd guess less than 10) which I figure is a worthy sacrifice for super low levels not being able to haggle to be carried.

Actually (I don't have much of a vocabulary) these levels might be a bit low. I mean I'm almost level 150 but feel like I'm no where close to beating even Silver Werethings. Even if they are level 75's asking it's still pretty much going to be carried. Maybe raise the levels a bit more (Which shouldn't decrease cps obtainable with equal strength much) to make it closer. Otherwise it's still going to be some people trying to complete challenges well before they should be able to... but if it's higher than restricts the cp locked but obtainable through your own strength by a lot...

ARRGGGH! I can't determine how I feel about this. Okay I'm going to come back and say something once I figure out what I think about it, or after it's implemented and I can experience it myself to figure it out.
This method sounds fair.