Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loyalties and Event Points
Another thing to consider is that the rewards previously mentioned are theoretical. I agree, bonus XP/Gold is old and dried out, we have it everywhere. Why not something else instead? Why not use a loyalty tier system similar to our Support System, only instead of gold/damage/xp and cards it gives Diamonds, Crystals, and Sacrificial Offerings on a daily/weekly/monthly claim? Just spitballing here.
I like this idea, but with a fair bit of bias since I've been around for a lil while. I'd like to see a lot more newer players inputs on this suggestion before coming to a conclusion.

However..
(04-01-2016, 05:53 PM)aphixia Wrote: Whilst a lot of these catchup mechanics are geared towards paying players, i personally think the amount thats avaliable is as much as a new player deserves with the current content in the game
This is true, and I'd say the idea that the loyalty system will aid f2p is a bit optimistic. lots of p2w have likely stayed just as long as the long term f2p, only those that joined within the past couple months would hinder.

Quote:Q: Well doesn't it help higher levels level up faster too?
Overall, it will be a benefit to everyone, new, middle, and older tier players, and I do not believe it will have a negative impact on the global level spread
 The problem is the difference in comparison. For example if you give every player +100% exp for 1 day, sure f2p would get to a higher level but that wouldn't mean anything if donators are getting the bonus too.
If the comparison being the problem were false, then nobody would complain when bonuses are given regardless to how much the donators get. Unfortunately there is complains, and more is wanted to hinder the top players.
Right, stacking on more damage/xp/gold bonuses is cumbersome anyhow I agree. I believe I used the wrong rewarding system in my example.
I don't expect any loyalty system to allow a f2p to catchup with a p2w, it just is some kind of reward that players deserve i feel for their dedication, what the bonus or stats are for each tier though as martyr said is our next question

Firstly, i ask this what would players prefer
1. loyalty points become a currency so people can use them to buy other currencies, as they have been around the game longer the player will receive more loyalty points daily
2. loyalty points work in a similar way to support levels where once you reach set amounts of loyalty points, you get a set reward
3. loyalty points add some form of stat when achieving certain milestones

We really need a poll for this i feel but dont want to create 2 discussions for the same topic
In hindsight, I could have added a poll, but I felt an evolving discussion might serve better to get the frame of mind of the user base. I appreciate your contributions towards it Big Grin
Eh I'm not for bonuses given "just because your acct was created x days ago"

There are plenty of elements in the game that build up day to day with time; like mining level where this same idea carries over just not as a "heres your bonus its x!" kind of way.

Why does everyone want something for nothing so badly. =\

Also-- this wouldn't help encourage new players.
---Retired---
not sure if you care or not but its for having logged in for x days not having been around for x days so it forces players to play the game not just quit for months and expect to catchup with this
(04-02-2016, 05:38 AM)aphixia Wrote: not sure if you care or not but its for having logged in for x days not having been around for x days so it forces players to play the game not just quit for months and expect to catchup with this

Right. Keeping the community active is the ultimate goal Smile
Well think of a loyalty system like the daily claims - the only way you actually get a day "played" is from clicking that first claim at 12:00 AM server time. Obviously you can click that any time...but I don't think it stacks up onto the next day if you don't click it (I could be wrong). So then it doesn't reward people based on the amount of days they just have the game sit in the background and do nothing at all...and it doesn't reward people who, like aphixia said, quit the game for months and then come back.

I've noticed some people don't understand how this benefits f2p...but that's not the point at all. This is to benefit both p2w AND f2p who have been playing a lot longer than most people. Of course this may make it harder for newer people to catch up, but why should they be able to for the most part? You can catch up to f2p or p2w who don't pay anymore by buying those event packs from every event easily. New f2p catching up to old f2p is literally impossible unless they are carried...which will be the same for this.

Another thing I wanted to discuss with Ray is a monthly subscription system for like....$5 or $10 a month. As many people know - event packs cost a shit ton. $50/mo is pretty crazy...but with balanced rewards from a subscription system for only $5/mo I think a lot more people would be able to find that more accessible. Obviously not everyone will pay the $5/mo or $10/mo, so it won't be completely pointless - but it will help the game money-wise and it will help f2p who can't pay that giant amount of $50.
You can usually find me here!
If you guys want you could make a poll in the Q&A linking to this thread. (or general)