Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev Diary 33 - November - Talk & Feedback
(11-25-2017, 02:50 PM)Dracken Wrote: 90% of all game dev's handle bug Reports in a Forum.

I'm pretty active, or at least as active as I can be in communications with the userbase....however, I don't have much of a filter because it's not worth it.

That being said...I disagree, more like 90% (a VERY made up figure) of devs have forums where people post, but they nearly never respond directly, or have moderators relay the information, which generally can take days, weeks, etc. Forums are good for small bug reports on live sure, or official placing for suggestions, but for testing, it makes absolutely no sense when in modern day you can fast track that extremely slow experience with instant messaging to get follow ups and further details from a group.

You think every forum post on other games ping a developers phone when they report a bug? No, but my phone wakes me up through discord when people are tagging me about an important issue.

You're accusing the community of being toxic (rude), but perhaps it's just stubbornness.

You don't like unity because ??
You don't like chat because people are rude (chat is looking friendly to me the last few days?).

You're accusing people of being rude who spend countless hours mathing things for others, testing endlessly and assisting with balance and feedback. It gets silly in the chat but 'rude'? meh. I think that's a pretty rude statement right there.

I feel the pure contradiction lingering here. Sorry you won't be able to join us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dev Diary 33 - November - Talk & Feedback - Ray - 11-25-2017, 11:41 PM