The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 13 :: 2015 November
Halloween is over and it's time to move forward.

Another event is being developed in preparations for the end of this month, but there's more important work going on right now to allow me to provide monthly or potentially bi-weekly content updates again.

I've uncomfortably avoided major content releases lately because I knew the new server development and service transfer was nearing - anything implemented would require converting over to the new service, basically hitting 1 bird with 2 stones and delaying things even further. This is also why the current event is incredibly simple compared to others in terms of interaction - to avoid even more significant service issues with Yahoo.

I'm happy to announce the server development began full time last week, and things are starting to really pick up in that department finally.

Hopefully before mid-November i'll be having major test phases, working into a live environment for the game.

Because of this service transfer, and the Yahoo service issues these last months, content updates have obviously diminished along with support. I can't describe with words my excitement to move towards a more stable, and sophisticated environment.

Here are some of the features that will eventually be possible on the new service, that simply are not in the current service:
  • Chat rooms with unlimited users. I'll obviously set a limit to avoid the spam, but no more 40 player regions, and we can significantly extend what the chat rooms are capable of.
  • Guild-based events & competitions. Guild beasts, and more sophisticated guild building features that won't be plagued by service issues that we have no control over resolving with permanence. Big plans with guilds!
  • An incredible new logging system via SQL. Every transaction, and constant backups of everything to ensure I can provide much better support like I always wanted
  • Guilds with playercounts outweighing the 40-45 player limit. Whether guilds will be able to have more than that is not promised due to balance, but Guild vs Guild and so forth can certainly support more than a 20vs20 player instance.
  • Service issues? I am in contact with the heads in charge and they communicate on a personal and immediate level.
  • Instance issues? Guild issues? Interaction rollbacks? All of this can now be resolved.
The backend service IOU runs on currently used to be incredible, but now IOU is months behind in development because the service that once made this game possible, and ran quite smooth other than a couple short-term ddos attacks has become plagued with a drop in support and bugs that were promised to be fixed with the server architecture were never touched. This was out of my control, but after this service change...the ball is in our field again.

I'll be having a closed testing phase, then an optional open testing phase, and then we'll be transferring everything over immediately.

Cheers,
Ray

Messages In This Thread
Dev Diary 13 :: 2015 November - Ray - 11-05-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: Dev Diary 13 :: 2015 November - Ray - 11-10-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: Dev Diary 13 :: 2015 November - Ray - 11-11-2015, 12:46 PM
RE: Dev Diary 13 :: 2015 November - Ray - 11-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Dev Diary 13 :: 2015 November - Ray - 11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Dev Diary 13 :: 2015 November - Ray - 11-27-2015, 05:46 AM