Idle Online Universe RPG
Fire Clan IOU Multicalc - Printable Version

+- Idle Online Universe RPG (https://iourpg.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://iourpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Guides (https://iourpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fire Clan IOU Multicalc (/showthread.php?tid=2233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - jiecut - 03-05-2017

Fix would be changing G49

Removing the +Main!D13 at the end. I added that in during the new years event to get it to work.

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - porkbob - 03-05-2017

(03-02-2017, 05:42 PM)quixorbl Wrote: Fair enough, but that's not really what I'm talking about. If actual XP/kill was between 1,246,134,828 and 9, either way the sheet would read 1.246B which would agree with the game. The issue would be were the difference is by more than that, e.g. the sheet says you'll earn 1.246B vs. the game telling you 1.245B. Granted, on such a scale, 1M isn't so big but people may start wondering why the sheet doesn't match for XP...even though the difference is small.

It doesn't work that way. The sheet calculates the values all the way down to the ones digit, and for any calculations that rely on the value it has to use that. (Sheet can't use 1.245B for math functions because it has a letter there.) For display purposes in certain locations that number is then divided by 10eN so that it breaks down to a nice, small amount of digits and the appropriate letter is added to the end.

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - quixorbl - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 12:30 PM)porkbob Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 05:42 PM)quixorbl Wrote: Fair enough, but that's not really what I'm talking about. If actual XP/kill was between 1,246,134,828 and 9, either way the sheet would read 1.246B which would agree with the game. The issue would be were the difference is by more than that, e.g. the sheet says you'll earn 1.246B vs. the game telling you 1.245B. Granted, on such a scale, 1M isn't so big but people may start wondering why the sheet doesn't match for XP...even though the difference is small.

It doesn't work that way. The sheet calculates the values all the way down to the ones digit, and for any calculations that rely on the value it has to use that. (Sheet can't use 1.245B for math functions because it has a letter there.) For display purposes in certain locations that number is then divided by 10eN so that it breaks down to a nice, small amount of digits and the appropriate letter is added to the end.

And that is where I recommended the change be made...at the divide-by-10eN point. Perhaps there was some confusion because I specified the cell titles rather than the cells themselves. The cells I was referring to are: Optimizer & General Instructions S19, S20, V10, and V11.

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - jiecut - 03-06-2017

So I just got mind blown.

Changed Default value coefficient for I-matter from 2.0 to 1.5. Though maybe it should be a lot closer to 1.

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - porkbob - 03-07-2017

(03-05-2017, 04:27 PM)quixorbl Wrote: And that is where I recommended the change be made...at the divide-by-10eN point. Perhaps there was some confusion because I specified the cell titles rather than the cells themselves. The cells I was referring to are: Optimizer & General Instructions S19, S20, V10, and V11.

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying. My first priority is to think of what other calculations could be using that number and would be thrown off. And thus I was thinking you were saying that any calculations that used XP/Kill would be using a number that is off by 1M.

My first thought of it would be that, the sheet display would actually be closer to the real value than the game display, and this is what I would prefer. If I were a user and not a maintainer, I would probably expect a rounding difference to be the cause if it sometimes matches and sometimes is 1 higher.

But I guess since it is only a display to compare with the game and has no other purpose, it could be better to change it. Next time I am working on the sheet I will test different inf tiers to see how they compare (I've only ever gotten the exact matching number in my casual use), and consider changing it.

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - damador - 05-17-2017

http://imgur.com/a/Cw41n have error with wood calculation

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - quixorbl - 05-18-2017

With the newer versions of the MultiCalc sheet being produced due to all the Guild changes, I thought I should point out the following persistent errors on the Fishing tab that I've had to manually correct every time:

1) The name "Spiky Spark" for fish #28 is always upside down.
2) There are errors with the "Time to Upgrade" values because the fields being referenced are themselves referencing field O20 instead of O23.
3) Some of the fish names, when listed under "Best Fish," "Second Best," or "Third Best" do not match the fish names next to where you put in what level they are at and how many more fish you need to catch to gain the next level. From the differences I've seen, any time there is a disagreement of this nature it is the fish names under "Best Fish" etc that are always wrong.

And it appears I forgot some other items that are not on the Fishing tab:

1) On the Main tab, the Stable and Warehouse percentages for both Buildings and Personal should contain one digit after the decimal point to accurately reflect their bonuses.
2) On the Expeditions tab, some Ship upgrades use only one number to express their respective levels while the rest of the Ship upgrades use two digits. This isn't so much an error as a display feature that looks a bit weird. Either use two digits no matter what everywhere or only use two digits everywhere when the tens digit is not a zero. Don't mix and match.
3) Whereas the older versions of the spreadsheet grossly underestimated the Maximum Expected Stage value on the Ascension & Challenge tab, the current versions grossly overestimate the Maximum Expected Stage value.

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - jiecut - 06-05-2017

1) I think Upside down is intentional
2) Fixed now?
3) Is it because of ties?

1) fixed
2) Drill intentionally has only 1 digit because it maxes out at 9 or 8, for import/export code purposes. But I see what you mean with the Next Level Column. Need to make sure nothing breaks when I change that.
3) It's reverted but I'd like to do some luck analysis in the future.

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - quixorbl - 06-05-2017

1) Why?
2) It looks better on the current live copy of 4.0a.
3) You misunderstood, I think. I'm not suggesting that, for example, the best fish is "Cheetah Fish" but it says "Poopaul." Rather, the best fish is "Cheetah Fish" but it says "Cheater Fish" or something like that.

1) Looks good!
2) Okay!
3) Okay!

RE: Gameinsky's modified IOU Multicalc - jiecut - 06-05-2017

1) https://iourpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2363
3) That would mean a mistake from H71:H118.