Idle Online Universe RPG
First things to do when reaching inferno? - Printable Version

+- Idle Online Universe RPG (https://iourpg.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://iourpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Q & A (https://iourpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: First things to do when reaching inferno? (/showthread.php?tid=1950)

First things to do when reaching inferno? - Zeryph - 02-19-2016

So I'm only level 84 :C and 130 is a long way away. I'm probably going to end up asking for an AT2 carry but I've never been carried before so I don't know how to start or ask or anything. (Basically I don't know the process start to finish, is it just ask someone, go in party and lots of one hit kills from op person?)

When I reach Inferno, I want to be prepared. When I first reach inferno I want to know how to work everything, and what things to specifically do first. Once I get to Inferno this information will help me a bunch. By what to do first, I mean good strategies to start either like card farming or ways to get better DPS (As people keep saying, when the real game starts AND the big DPS bonus comes in)

Thanks Big Grin

(P.S: If you mind carrying me through to AT3 (or inferno) you can just post here that I will carry you and all the other etc info I need)

RE: First things to do when reaching inferno? - vosavo - 02-20-2016

If you're on Kongregate some people just type "At2 carry anyone?" Lots of people have alternate accounts that they keep in certain ascensions.

Thanks to some balances on Inferno Mode strategies for optimizing isn't really that difficult.

All you really need to do is:

*Find a good party.

*Farm the highest tier you can, under the restriction of being able to auto kill them within about 5-8s.
^Incase that was confusing:
Keep increasing the inferno tier until you can kill the creature in about 5-8s without attacking or using abilities.
- Some spreadsheets may be able to calculate this, giving you the best Inferno to farm (You'd need your parties DPS) Spread sheets are completely optional.

*Continue following the card milestones path, ignoring bosses. (Go for 100 cards on a monster then move to next)

I have an alternate account that can carry you through a bit of AT3 if you want. Using my main account wouldn't be any different since you are only able to farm up to Inferno Tier 15 if you're less than level 200. If you'd like the AT3 carry you could just PM me on here when you get close; I'm sure many people have others as well.

RE: First things to do when reaching inferno? - Zeryph - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:23 AM)vosavo Wrote: If you're on Kongregate some people just type "At2 carry anyone?" Lots of people have alternate accounts that they keep in certain ascensions.

Thanks to some balances on Inferno Mode strategies for optimizing isn't really that difficult.

*Find a good party.

*Farm the highest tier you can, under the restriction of being able to auto kill them within about 5-8s.
Keep increasing the inferno tier until you can kill the creature in about 5-8s without attacking or using abilities.
- Some spreadsheets may be able to calculate this, giving you the best Inferno to farm (You'd need your parties DPS) Spread sheets are completely optional.

*Continue following the card milestones path, ignoring bosses. (Go for 100 cards on a monster then move to next)

I have an alternate account that can carry you through a bit of AT3 if you want. Using my main account wouldn't be any different since you are only able to farm up to Inferno Tier 15 if you're less than level 200. If you'd like the AT3 carry you could just PM me on here when you get close; I'm sure many people have others as well.

Thanks, but as I play on iourpg.com (the main website) I guess I could ask on the official chat room (Discord) right?
And a bit of a follow up with questions: Is a party absolutely necessary? Or is it just so you can actually progress at a good speed? Also, how should I find a party when I get to inferno as my dps wont be anything like millions. I was thinking about joining random accessible parties but then I thought that they would just keep moving off of the monster I was farming cards on, and that wouldn't be efficient for me.

RE: First things to do when reaching inferno? - Aar118 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:32 AM)Zeryph Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:23 AM)vosavo Wrote: If you're on Kongregate some people just type "At2 carry anyone?" Lots of people have alternate accounts that they keep in certain ascensions.

*Find a good party.

Thanks, but as I play on iourpg.com (the main website) I guess I could ask on the official chat room (Discord) right?
And a bit of a follow up with questions: Is a party absolutely necessary? Or is it just so you can actually progress at a good speed? Also, how should I find a party when I get to inferno as my dps wont be anything like millions. I was thinking about joining random accessible parties but then I thought that they would just keep moving off of the monster I was farming cards on, and that wouldn't be efficient for me.

Yeah, Discord would be the place to do it!

Once you start upgrading ascension party boost, parties become better than solo in every possible way. More exp, gold, and cards. So if you can get into a good party, do it!

Stupid me, I still have to ask one quick question. Can I ask on the kongregate chat for a carry when I play on the iourpg.com website? Because I doubt Discord will be more efficient than the kong chat.

EDIT: I can only get to party with lvl 100s and something around that. I guess that level 200s can party with me?

EDITEDIT: Ugh now I feel super duper stupid. Do I have to be a specific level or a specific stage to where I can begin the carry? I asked on Kong and this person asked me to search for a specific player, with the pass, but I couldn't find him. I guess I can't use kong chat for carries in the iou official website...

EDITEDITEDIT: I can't believe I'm saying this. How do I find a party with a pass, because when I searched it said there were no OPEN parties. Does that mean I can't search for parties with passes?

RE: First things to do when reaching inferno? - Aar118 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 01:21 AM)Zeryph Wrote: Stupid me, I still have to ask one quick question. Can I ask on the kongregate chat for a carry when I play on the iourpg.com website? Because I doubt Discord will be more efficient than the kong chat.

EDIT: I can only get to party with lvl 100s and something around that. I guess that level 200s can party with me?

EDITEDIT: Ugh now I feel super duper stupid. Do I have to be a specific level or a specific stage to where I can begin the carry? I asked on Kong and this person asked me to search for a specific player, with the pass, but I couldn't find him. I guess I can't use kong chat for carries in the iou official website...

EDITEDITEDIT: I can't believe I'm saying this. How do I find a party with a pass, because when I searched it said there were no OPEN parties. Does that mean I can't search for parties with passes?

Well...you can't party with anyone above level 130+ if you haven't ascended yet...
And you should be able to see people with passwords!

(02-20-2016, 02:24 AM)Aar118 Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 01:21 AM)Zeryph Wrote: Stupid me, I still have to ask one quick question. Can I ask on the kongregate chat for a carry when I play on the iourpg.com website? Because I doubt Discord will be more efficient than the kong chat.

Well...you can't party with anyone above level 130+ if you haven't ascended yet...
And you should be able to see people with passwords!

Well.. I'm AT2 but level 84... so I can't get carried to level 130?

RE: First things to do when reaching inferno? - Mythic - 02-20-2016

You can get carried just, as aar118 has said not by anyone lvl 130+

RE: First things to do when reaching inferno? - vosavo - 02-20-2016

Your previous questions:
Farming with parties is pretty necessary, the ascension upgrade Party boost pretty much cancels out the loss of EXP from being with more people.
I find if you're not being carried the best way to find a party is with your Guild, you can join some mates from there. Tongue

Your later questions:
You can only get carried by people within the same ascension as you, their level doesn't matter unless you aren't searching for a specific player.

When you click find a party the names highlighted in red are the ones that require a password.
If you just search for a 'character name' you should be able to find anyone if:
You typed in the name correctly
They don't have a full party
They're on the same ascension tier
They have 'Allow Joins' ON

If you want you can have 2 windows open. <- One from Kong and one from iourpg (Don't actually have to play on the one from Kong). 
But ahh you should be able to join their parties xd