Idle Online Universe RPG

Full Version: Woodcutting/Mining Calculator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a simple woodcutting and mining calculator I made to see how much wood and ores you can harvest a day, and how upgrades effect how much. Only change the values with a black background. 

If anyone knows of the calculations for the amount of gold/AP for the next level of woodcutting and the wood/AP for mining, please respond and I'll add it in.

Download link is at the bottom.

Math for the calculations are below. Please let me know of any errors.

Logs/HP - Amount of logs gained per HP - # of logs gained/ HP =C13/B13

Logs/Cut - Amount of logs gained per cut - (# of logs gained / # of cuts to complete level) * chance of double logs = (C13/(ROUNDUP((B13/$B$6),0)))*$B$4

# of cuts to complete level - (This is always rounded up to the nearest integer) - HP / Effective DMG = (C13/(ROUNDUP((B13/$B$6),0)))

Effective DMG - Cut Damage * Critical Chance =B2*B3

% Increase - % Increase of resource gained compared to previous level - ((Current level logs/cut / Previous level logs/cut) * 100) - 100 ((E14/E13)*100)-100

Logs/Day - Amount of resource gained in a day on average using every energy - 30 * 24 * logs/cut * NRG  (60/2)*24*$B$5*E13

[Image: rDZGC1i.png]

Added V 3.0:

-Added in % damage from ascension bonus
-Fixed some of the maths
-ONLY input current level of your skills now, everything else is calculated!

Added V 2.0:

-Now takes into account Woodcutting NRG reduction from trophy upgrades
-Now able to control play time, instead of the max of 24 hours
-Calculations for most cost-effective purchases for log upgrades
nice work, well done Smile
very usefull for the beginning
Would you mind adding in a function that calculates the most cost-effective purchase for logs upgrades?

For example, you take your current stats with how many logs you can get per day, buff up one stat by a level, calculate the difference, then divide it by the cost it would take to upgrade. So, like,

Ratio = [L2-L1] / [Cu]

Where L2 = number of logs per day after upgrading, L1 = Logs per day before upgrading, a Cu = Cost to Upgrade the stat

if you put that in, the calculator would be perfect.

Do that for each up-gradable stat to compare side-by side what players should buy to be efficient. Seriously, it would be so good.
This is cool. Nice work!

Some things that might be useful:

1) this doesn't take into account trophy upgrades (decreases in wood nrg restoration)
2) it'd be nice to have some way to control the actual daily play time instead of just assuming that 24 hours. It'd help people get a better idea of what they're actually capable of without pulling an all nighter or botting Smile
Great suggestions!

Added V 2.0:

-Now takes into account Woodcutting NRG reduction from trophy accounts
-Now able to control play time, instead of the max of 24 hours
-Calculations for most cost-effective purchases for log upgrades
Hi! I like the sheet, thank you for sharing! Big Grin

I'm missing the +% dmg to trees from ascension bonuses (skill: Woodcutting Damage), though. That might be a nice addition to the new version.

Also, could you clarify what the Wood NRG and the 2 numbers after Wood NRG % is?

The colour coding is *very* helpful!
Opps, forgot about that one. Will add in +% dmg to trees from ascension bonus soon. Doesn't anyone know exactly how it is calculated? Say base is 23 damage and you have 10% damage bonus, it'd be 25.3 damage, but how is it rounded? Always down, so it's really 25 damage?

Woodcutting/Mine NRG is an ascension bonus that lets you get 2 energy every refill instead of 1. Basically doubles your resource gain.

Woodcutting NRG % is a trophy upgrade which reduces the time for woodcutting energy to refill.
It's rounded to the nearest whole point, but it's doubled on a crit before rounding occurs.
Added V 3.0:

-Fixed some of the maths
(06-20-2015, 12:17 PM)pyroblaze Wrote: [ -> ]Added V 3.0:

-Fixed some of the maths

I see an error in future calculations. After critical axes and log splitting passes level 10, each upgrade only increases the chance of doubling by 0.5% instead of 2%
Other than that, it look solid Big Grin
(but pretty much you always chop the latest tree after the beginning)
Pages: 1 2