Idle Online Universe RPG

Full Version: Card Collecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Drop Chance
 Unascended: 1 / 2500
 1st Ascension: 1 / 1500
 2nd Ascension: 1 / 750
 Inferno: 1 / 500

Amount of Cards Dropped
 1 + (Random from 0 to Inferno Tier Level)

If Inferno Tier 5, then you can get between [1 + (0 to 5)] = 1 to 6 cards per drop
  • Chances are static and unaffected by anything other than ascension
  • Higher inferno tiers do not increase the 'chance' for a card, only the possible drop count
(04-20-2015, 04:20 AM)Ray Wrote: [ -> ]Drop Chance

Amount of Cards Dropped

If Inferno Tier 5, then you can get between [1 + (0 to 5)] = 1 to 6 cards per drop

• Higher inferno tiers do not increase the 'chance' for a card, only the possible drop count
One question on this, are the base damage bonuses just for that one monster or for all monsters?
All - The same milstones all have the same bonuses for each card. In that, i'm stating that yes the very first creature card and the very last in the game have the same bonuses, so it does in fact generally make more sense to work on the easier ones.
(04-20-2015, 04:46 AM)Ray Wrote: [ -> ]All - The same milstones all have the same bonuses for each card. In that, i'm stating that yes the very first creature card and the very last in the game have the same bonuses, so it does in fact generally make more sense to work on the easier ones.
One other thing, is there the possibility (in the future) of cards that give more than just base damage? I know things like speed could get out of control but how about something like an increase in crit chance or bonus woodcutting damage or mining energy?
so if one reach inferno , can they go back to 2nd ascension to farm card not in inferno? *cause the hp is u know *
I believe cards are the same on each ascension/inferno tier, it's just easier to get them the higher your progress is, and of couse higher ascension = more planets unlocked so more cards they can potentially collect. If I'm wrong, please correct me Smile
(04-20-2015, 04:20 AM)Ray Wrote: [ -> ]Drop Chance

Amount of Cards Dropped

So how is the drop count determined? Does it work like this:

Inferno 1: 50% chance of 1 and 50% chance of 2
Inferno 2: 33% chance for 1, 2, or 3
Inferno 3: 25% chance for 1, 2, 3, or 4
etc.

Or are you more likely to get lower quantities? The scenario above keeps it purely random so at Inferno 100 you have a <1% chance for each card "amount" from 1-101
i personally think the ammount dropped should change a bit. would be lame if you get a carddrop at tier 15 and its only 1 card ...
i would prefer it was like:
tier 0 : drops 1
tier 1: drops 1 - 2
tier 2 : drops 1 - 3
tier 3 : drops 2 - 4
tier 4: drops 3 - 5
tier 5: drops 4 - 6
tier 6: drops 5 - 7
just my thought, going from inferno tier 1 to inferno tier 2, the monsters get double hp.. you don't gain double xp or money, you in fact gain about 80 percent xp and money.. and then because its not going to be an increase of 1-1 cards, only 0-1 cards, the increase in "card drop rate" (the amount of cards gained over a certain period of time, not the actual chance to get a card drop) is only around 30 percent for card drops.. so in essence, enemies take twice as long to kill, and don't give nearly the same amount of rewards. You also have to consider that there is also a respawn time for each monster, but at the same time, 30 percent increase to card drop amount really wont do anything, especially seeing as the "max card tier" is 500 million cards.. youd need to farm inferno tier 999 for 500 000 card drops, all of which would have to be the absolute maximum card drop amount, just to hit that number in one section. I understand the game needs to have some continuity, not finishing everything on the first day etc. However, this system seems very extreme. It is nice that it takes a while to get, but at this point, people will die of old age before they are able to complete the final card tier in a single area, let alone all the areas.

in conclusion, I personally will never move up an inferno tier, until either:
A) my auto hits do more damage than the hp of the enemies I am fighting. or
B) I have all the cards needed in every area (to a point) (in my opinion all the cards after 1k are pretty gravy, there is no need for them, collect 1500 more cards for 40 more base dmg.. when youll already have 30-50k base..)

edit: PS: this all being said, this is the most in depth Idle game Ive ever played, balancing it is probably extremely hard. I appreciate all the work that has gone into it, and I will continue to be a steadfast supporter, regardless of if these mechanics are ever changed or not. Smile
I would like to add now that card packs are here they allow you to select a specific card you want. Don't waste these on normal cards. Use these on boss cards. Generally boss cards are never worth farming even if you are at level 300. But now you can get boss cards with packs. First get each to 50 since the 50 card mark is worth more base damage than 5 10's or 2 25's and more than half a 100. Then go for 100 on each.
Pages: 1 2