Idle Online Universe RPG

Full Version: Equipment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If this is already an upcoming feature and I missed it, ignore me!

A few other clicker styles games have a gear upgrade system that could work parallel to the current upgrade systems already in place.  For example, you could have a standard gear progression such as cloth - leather - chain - plate - etc. for armor and wooden - bronze - iron - steel - etc. for weapons.

Weapons could give both a flat and inferno-based bonus.  In fact, I would suggest an entirely separate set of inferno-only gear that requires you to have beaten specific challenges to unlock.  I'm talkin you beat a unique solo-only challenge and unlock an inferno dagger, beat a tougher one and then unlock a red-hot hammer, etc.  While regular weapons only offer a flat percentage increase, inferno gear could perhaps offer a bit more:  Passive upgrades to auto/clicker skills past their normal limits.  x% attack speed, reduced cooldowns, the works!

As an aside, I read about your reluctance to allow attack speed bonuses above a certain amount because of concerns of server fatigue.  Why not simply make speeds above a certain amount show client side as speed but server side you cut the bandwidth usage by simply averaging multiple hits in one calculation?  That way players can have the illusion of attacking faster but in reality they're just enjoying a hidden multiplier.  Or, even simpler, have attack speed break points.  Once you break double your normal attack speed, it resets back to normal attack speed but doubles your damage.  Rinse and repeat as your attack speed approaches double again.

Armors could provide time bonuses and health reduction bonuses as well as gold bonuses.  The reason?  Well, when you take less damage, you survive longer and your enemies fatigue and fear you and thus require less effort to defeat!  And then when you take goods back to town you are able to sell them for cheaper because you make the townsfolk swoon with your charming good looks!

That's all for now bye bye!
This game is already going to have trouble being classed as 'Idle' when PVP etc. is added. I'm not sure we need any more added complications! Unless of course we could see this equipment somewhere such as on our pets as we fought. Cosmetic additions can only ever be a good thing.
the ideas for "fake" attack speed I don't like.
Atk speed does more then just give more total dmg over time, it allows for more chances for crit and double crit rolls.
Each roll is significant in itself in real time game play.
When PvP is added this will make it more complicated !
I don't agree with equipment !