Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Free Reset Weekends!
So, I must say, with this latest updates, I am absolutely LOVING the free resets. I think they allow for a much more involved and active gameplay style. You can benefit from them, or you can potentially hurt yourself with them if youre not careful (I typically have double train, but forgot to switch back to it a few times).

All in all though, I think they are amazing and that they should stay in one form or another (always would be nice, but I imagine Ray won't go for that). Hence, the title, perhaps weekends should be a time of free resets!
let's add double xp weekends while we're at it - or wait, just make it get-free-ap-when-respeccing-and-4542352-times-xp-and-upgrades-cost-0-gold-weekend!
(06-22-2015, 01:33 PM)Wq9ill Wrote: let's add double xp weekends while we're at it - or wait, just make it get-free-ap-when-respeccing-and-4542352-times-xp-and-upgrades-cost-0-gold-weekend!

While I enjoy sarcasm, it has its time and place. My suggestion was a serious one and so far, everyone I've talked to has enjoyed the game much more with the free resets.

If you dont like the idea, instead of trolling it, offer some useful constructive criticism.
Constructively--

How about a skill you can put a point or 2 in; that makes the next reset cheaper?

That way you can enjoy diversifying game play-- at a slight cost vs. those with a set routine.

That way there is an advantage to sticking with your guns still, and you can strategize a way to switch up that is effective; though slightly constrictive in its own right; While still giving an advantage to contributing to the game financially for bonus AP. Everyone wins.
It's not like resets are expensive and they don't increase in cost every time you use them. My suggestions is just keep 20-30 AP on hand for the occasional reset. The idea is to pick skills and stick with them, not alter them every time you want to feed your pet or clear your forest/mines... if Ray wanted people to have continuous bonuses to all that, he'd just give it.
(06-24-2015, 06:18 AM)Huggz Wrote: It's not like resets are expensive and they don't increase in cost every time you use them.  My suggestions is just keep 20-30 AP on hand for the occasional reset.  The idea is to pick skills and stick with them, not alter them every time you want to feed your pet or clear your forest/mines... if Ray wanted people to have continuous bonuses to all that, he'd just give it.

+1 (My personal feelings on it.)

But I do enjoy being less married to each spec, since it's actually 10 ap to respec then change back.

Maybe offer a free respec credit once per month, or upon new events, random codes, future packs, rare expedition bonus, etc. (I realize receiving 5 free AP from a code or something is the same net affect, but there is a different psychology toward it.)

But like Huggz said, they aren't really expensive, and the idea of it isn't to always be respecing every time we change activities anyway.

I'm sure a happy medium can be found, any more thoughts gang?

Rock on.
Putting free respecs in random codes or as rare expedition finds sounds like a great idea Smile
Agree free reset on weekend :3 , in that way peps can saving some AP and more active on the weekend > easier to get challenge done > more fun game to play > more players > everyone happy :3
(06-25-2015, 10:32 PM)WhiteK Wrote: Agree free reset on weekend :3 , in that way peps can saving some AP and more active on the weekend > easier to get challenge done > more fun game to play > more players > everyone happy :3

I like this thought too. Though many people have nontraditional schedules, so in fairness, some other system might be preferable.

How about free resets with a cooldown timer? If you want to reset before the timer runs out, spend the AP. Free respec back later with patience.

Rock on.
I prefer a free reset credit system that awards 1 reset as an additional reward for 5-day login bonus. Also being able grain credits from future event stuff wouldn't be bad either.

I enjoyed being able to try crazy specs to see how much it helps, as well as flipping around slight tweaks to better fit my style. While liberating, either a credit system (so I can stock up respecs as needed to use later sometime) or restricting it "free reset during this event" (while being semi-rare) ie: next time we see it with an event is in halloween or holiday season.