Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouping issues?
I'm pretty new to the game and recently started a second character to help out my first. After not being able to find each other in the party search, I decided to make them join the same guild to be able to find each other.

This worked and I could now usually group them with each other, but I'd rather have a larger group than 2. I tried to use the group search with one and get into a group, then use the guild join with the other to join that group, but that never seems to work. It always says "That player is no longer online" or something like that.

Is there an easier way for my characters to get into a group larger than 2 without grouping first and hoping someone joins? Does everyone have these party issues or just me? Thanks!
you can join from guild only if that player which you can try to join are host of party, if he joined on other party you get that error
find a player then join with both accounts
I started also with a second character but don't have problem with finding the other character. Just keep in mind that the new character cannot join the highest levels think it is max 10 levels or something higher then you are.
So if your first character is 35+ and the second character you make is only 5-10 you won't find your first character in the looking for party screen.

I personally find it easiest to go on the lowest level character let that one join the highest possible person you can find in party search and then also let your highest character find that person and you have a 3man group.
Just thought I'd expand what i meant and what I understand from the two that commented already.

First of all, I didn't know about not being able to guild join my other character if they were the party leader. That would explain why that method wouldn't work.

Second Idk how often my main was with people too high for my second character, but many times I would open that search and not be able to find my other characters even though they were within the range of levels so that they could both select each other. Also I had the search open and sometimes when I tried finding a common name to join I couldn't find anyone except someone that was a ways lower than my main, and I didn't want to have to try to carry that extra person up through whereever they were at with hunting to where I was.

It seems like now that my characters are around level 40 it's easier to run into the same names. I'm guessing that's because people ascend around then so there's not as many for the game to try to find?

Anyways, any possibility for a friends list so I can at least always find my players and group them without having to go through the guild? Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for late reply.
One issue I have with the guildscreen is that if I sometimes view it I see nobody online while I know they are online because im in party with 2 of them.
Not sure what triggers it as when I log in I can see who is online but if I for example do something in the guild screen everybody goes offline for me.

I think friendlist is a good idea even more because currently the amount of people you can have in guild is only 10.
Not sure if this is a feature that can be added easily.