Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A with Isaël (Answers)
What was it like to draw this? is it the image you have the most fond memories of drawing, or do you have another that is more dear to your heart?
[Image: j2eDslx.gif]

- I've never being that much into organic noises, but i don't mind doing those kind of drawings . Even if, most of the time, an artist love to work on 'noble' and heroic 
graphics that is likely supposed to elevate spirits over the mass, i guess life is also about laughing of simple things and fecal oriented jokes.

What is your personal favourite piece of art you have drawn for IOU to date?

- That would probably be the tribal necromancer from the 'tribal smash. challenge.

Have you read the short story written by Beifong, about the master fish man Billy? If you haven't I suggest you go and read it, 
and I was wondering if you could edit the spray for the Sharken (world 4, stage 13 mob). It would be a nice touch if the hook 
the sharken carries had the engraving "Billy" on it.

- I have read the story . I can edit it in my free time, within the month to come.

What IOU planet do you think would be the scariest to be trapped on? 

- I've just seriously questionned myself about those, too seriously . Two planets come 'ex aquo' as the most dangerous one: Gamma and Eta. Let me explain....

- On Alpha, one can live while hiding in trunks, caverns, and eat some edible mushrooms and berries as a snack . The Forest Guardian seems to be pretty open-minded, as long as you say 
you don't throw your batteries in the gargabe, you convert your food left-overs to compost, and love puppies (quickly grab a baby lynx and caress his forehead meawhile, just to prove it).

- On Beta, the reindeer is actually showing you the way to the nearest igloo where you could drink some hot chocolate (while you don't know how to decipher actually and slash him thinking he is 
charging at you). 

- On Delta, pretend you are a pirat, wear a 'tricorne' and you are good to go. Pop some coconuts and relax on the beach until the sun set .

- On Epsilon, even if the environment seems scary, you can still symphatize with 'phantom', and tell him you understand why he is angry, that being dead sucks, 
that he did'nt deserved so much misery in his carnal life . Wereverine is a cousin of Chewbacca, so if you look like Han Solo and can do some trick with a laser gun, you'll
 get his affection and a hug, plus he'll help you punch the replica of Jason Vorees .

- Goblins on Zeta have nothing against you. You just need to give them valuables and pretend you know about a treasure chest full of gold nuggets . Just try to escape while they
chained you upside down on a roasting stick, before they come back from the trekking to the fictive jackpot.

- On Theta, you have to look for a Pentaloke and try to get advantage of their dubitative spirits . The are the only beings on this planet capable of reason and you can see, by alternatively looking at their four eyes, that they don't judge you for being a human . They instantly seize that you are vulnerable, avid of freedom, a warrior of the truth . For this reason they'll help you hide from the  mastermind that want to eradicate your race .

- Robots on Iota are made by humans. You understand nothing at first, but you just have to run for a shelter and lock yourself in for a year and survive eating bean cans . If you want to escape you have 3 choices, you either try to locate the main plug of each mech and pull it off, while one of them is trying to chop you with their ultra quick metal arms, or you read the book that will help you bunch reprogram them using an assembly langage. Finally, you can call Ray to do it for you, if the intergalactical phone is still working.

- On Kappa it's easy, you just pray and offer a young virgin as a sacrifice. Also, keep in mind that semi-god don't like that you stare at them. So remember to always look
at your shoes while you walk on this planet .

- Finally on Gamma, you are screwed . It's highly radioactive, so there is not a single carrot growing nearby, and everyone is a zombie wearing some pustulent
scars and bubbles . They understand nothing and they are constantly in pain, so no dialogue will ever be possible . The best you have to do both for you and for them
is to end their misery without remorses. 

- Virus on Eta are as well organisms that just need an host, YOU, to propagate and feel satisfied . Most of the things you can hide in are liquids, cells and holes, so it's either
damp or stinky, too warm . Is a violet fluid good for you? The blue one maybe? You have no choices but to taste and spit, until you find something that is not too toxic for you.
Anways, your survival chances on this planet are very weak. 

How annoying are Ray's art requests?

- They are not annoying at all. Ray rarely ask for modification and I have pretty much white card on everything once the main directions are given .

What file type are you using for your graphics? jpg? png? gif? I am wondering if you use vector data types (EPS/AI/SVG)

- Up to date , everything, except some promotion images, were done directly in flash . So they are all vectors, as they come weightless and easy to scale.
We are starting working with Illustrator, as some things will get easier in this software .

How come you're so cool and with it, and ray is so lame and not with it?

- That's because i live in the Northern part of Canada, it's cooler . Ray is on the South .It's all about supraconductors .

Can you draw me a simple drawing of a frog eating a clam, panda, and monkey ty

- That is confusing . An action drawing, including 4 elements, all stuck in a bunch, cannot be that simple . But yes i can. 
That is a funny one. Will do it when i find some free time as well .

What was your favorite "old IOU" monster drawing? (Not including challenges)

- I remember this Octopus stuck upside down with tentacles spread all over a boat. I think it was on Delta. That was my favorite .

Were you the artist who made the potato for april fools 2 years ago or however long ago?

- Yes!

Isn't it irritating for you that most icons are not centered and aligned well? Big Grin

- Not that much, there is some align tools in flash, i use them a lot . But yes, some slight things that i know are not even noticeable can bother me .

Are you solely employed to iou or is it a side gig? Where did you learn to draw? Self taught or school? What's your background in art as work?

- IOU is my main work, i do some side gigs once in a while , not even always art related . I learned drawing by myself, but learned technical stuff by attending different classes .
I did a videogame 3d school back in 2000, when the program was brand new and was not offered by any public schools. Then i did some gigs here and there .

Do you want to spend time on creating a symbol that actually resembles "wood"cutting damage instead of "stone"cutting damage? Tongue
[Image: 1ozVgmn.png]

- This 'stone' is a spatial 'grinding stone' . By friction and magnetical interactions it removes impurities on the woodcutting axe blade, made of non-radioactive ultinum. 
The more you use it, the more your axe get powerful!!!  :-)
Community helper
Discord Username: Level#0001