Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev Diary 33 - November - Talk & Feedback
Okay...
Ray you want, that more people use the forum but you disable the option to make a reply on the dev blogs <_<

I normally dont like Unity, because I have to download a extra software... but I don't know why, I can use your Unity Version in Chrome without installing anything O_o

Armorgames support some Unity Games, so I can stay on Armorgames?

I did register 2 Accounts, on your new Unity game, but it always say incorrect Password.... I am confused Sad

Quote:For 30 days, Every day you receive:
-100 Diamonds
-10 Food
-1 Dynamite

I would make 25-50Food and 5 Dynamite.
The Diamonds seems ok.
And also 5-10AP

The actual daily login is ... pretty boring. Could it not be more like this:
[Image: uMiKYCh.jpg]
With a little reward every day for 30days.
(11-19-2017, 04:38 AM)Dracken Wrote: I normally dont like Unity, because I have to download a extra software...

Not true at all. It's more streamlined than flash is.

Unity exports to WebGL, which is basically javascript and assets, compared to downloading a compiled swf and running it within a plugin (Flash).

Check/ask around for more details within the testing discord channel. Register works, but you can't use the registered accounts because the tie-in is to the test database. You can only login with pre-existing accounts on it.
Rainbow 
(11-20-2017, 02:33 PM)Ray Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 04:38 AM)Dracken Wrote: I normally dont like Unity, because I have to download a extra software...

Not true at all. It's more streamlined than flash is. (1)

Unity exports to WebGL, which is basically javascript and assets, compared to downloading a compiled swf and running it within a plugin (Flash).

Check/ask around for more details within the testing discord channel. Register works, but you can't use the registered accounts because the tie-in is to the test database. You can only login with pre-existing accounts on it.

To (1): It was to 100% true, because ME, I,  Dracken, do not like Unity because in the past years had I to download it. This is now changed.

Can you not please enable new test accounts? I have a Armor Games Account, but my logindata from Armorgames don't work, so how do I login?
And I dont like the IOU Discord Community, it have a lot rude people, it is/was for me the most unfriendly experience in Discord ever. (Lynn excluded, she is nice and its cool to talk with her ^_^)
I'm not sure why you feel that way. People are pretty crude on opinions of feedback but they are just honest. If it was that bad I wouldn't be on discord all the time.

Unfortunately, you'll have a very hard time taking part in the testing, or any of the community without it, especially considering the questions you are asking (regarding new accounts) are all outlined on there, with the instructions & details and the appropriate network for follow-ups.
Feedback and testing within the forum compared to instant messaging...unfortunately anything you might report would likely be reported by others more immediately since the chat is direct.

Regarding unity, it used to use the Unity Player, but that was before chrome banned it. Purely webgl/javascript now.
But... a chat is quick and yeah...
90% of all game dev's handle bug Reports in a Forum.
hmmm
okay then I can not test, Im not willing to chat with the rude community in Discord.
(11-25-2017, 02:50 PM)Dracken Wrote: 90% of all game dev's handle bug Reports in a Forum.

I'm pretty active, or at least as active as I can be in communications with the userbase....however, I don't have much of a filter because it's not worth it.

That being said...I disagree, more like 90% (a VERY made up figure) of devs have forums where people post, but they nearly never respond directly, or have moderators relay the information, which generally can take days, weeks, etc. Forums are good for small bug reports on live sure, or official placing for suggestions, but for testing, it makes absolutely no sense when in modern day you can fast track that extremely slow experience with instant messaging to get follow ups and further details from a group.

You think every forum post on other games ping a developers phone when they report a bug? No, but my phone wakes me up through discord when people are tagging me about an important issue.

You're accusing the community of being toxic (rude), but perhaps it's just stubbornness.

You don't like unity because ??
You don't like chat because people are rude (chat is looking friendly to me the last few days?).

You're accusing people of being rude who spend countless hours mathing things for others, testing endlessly and assisting with balance and feedback. It gets silly in the chat but 'rude'? meh. I think that's a pretty rude statement right there.

I feel the pure contradiction lingering here. Sorry you won't be able to join us.
discord general is bunch of rude troll bastards i admit !
Fuel to the fire Erebs, you turdburger -_-
I just did tell you my experience...