Poll: How do You feel about this new event?
It blows my butt of
I like it
I don't care
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you hate us, Ray?
Hey there, folks.

I've been playing the game for more than a year now, and since then I've wasted more than $1k here - totally worth it.
At least that was my opinion before the latest event.

A little word about myself: I am a gamedesigner: I have studied and worked hard to become one for many years. I've dedicated all my professional life into creating new innovative and interesting features and mechanics.

And that event of yours.. It ruins everything you've been building for years. It devastates everything I loved about games and this game in particular.

Damn, I haven't seen that kind of dumb, dull, flat and grind gameplay for ages!

Those endless levels with monotone mobes, those brainless fighting mechanics, that debalanced and obscure rpg-system, those oh-my-god extremely annoying, slow and inconvinient controls!

Potions keep stacking and I just make myself into playing because I need to farm those damned event-points.

But, please, tell me!

Why, Ray? Why couldn't You make a "cure to max" button? Why couldn't You make an auto-attack system. Why did You have to make mobs that attack twice in a row, which is just frustrating?
Why is there SO many levels to run through just to get a single pack?

All this is not difficult - not at all. It is just boring and time-consuming.

Why do You want us to leave your game?
I agree with you man. That event is shitty as my grandpa's ass. Boring gameplay and endless grinding.
So much whining. Seriously, you're completely drama queening over this.

Yes, the event has some problems, but it's no where near as bad as you make it seem, and I rather like the event.
Event requires 10-20min per day of activity - dull/tideous/boring/time-consuming

EVent requires 1h per day and finishes after few days - dull/boring/time-consuming/nothing to do.

Yawn.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
i think the core of the event is good actually; as far as what you're actually doing goes it has more depth and originality vs the others imo.
The others are basically just rips of generic 1st degree clicker incrementals like you see flooding /r/incremental on reddit by the thousands weekly.

Of course theres issues where its not perfectly enjoyable with havign to click a lot ; but event should be something extra to do not just its all auto done for u i duno i just feel like people take the events way way way too seriously sometimes.
---Retired---
Eh, the problem is many of the things that make a RPG good isn't there for this event. Not to mention that it has enough issues made that if it was its own game in places like Kongregate, it would easily get a 1-2 stars with no hope of ever coming close to a 3. It leaves you with a feeling of "there are better games I could be playing right now" feeling, but you feel you got to get the rewards cause the EP is there and that only during a event.

At least the other events were made in a way that make sense with how IOU works, it should be mostly automated while making a few changes or doing a few things at a time as how IOU is, you don't play a idle game just to suddenly have a overly active event.

Anyways it is nice he made the patch in the way that you don't have to spend as much time on it now, but unfortunately didn't fix any of its key issues that makes a pain to play it. It just "less" painful as you don't have to deal with it as long.
Well after patching a few times, I think they're slowly ironing out the problems. However, the extreme difficulty is still there. Enemies still dodge way too much, constantly spam AOE spells doing lots of dama, and it feels like every battle I fight causes me to end up blowing 20 potions afterwords. With potion regen now set to every 25 min I'm honestly not seeing this event being beatable at this point.
The ironic part is I am feeling like it getting a bit easier now that I gotten to medium, feels much more doable since the regen is double there and now the xp don't diminish as hard. Wanted to say that before I dive into the negative so I had something good to say.

But yes, this nonsense of AoE spam is ridiculous, sometimes get stuck with a case of them buffing the current AoE spammer and you take even more dmg. I had to go a lot more heavy on agility to fix the dodging issue, Dexterity apparently is suppose to do that but with the minimal dodge cap set the way it is, you still will miss often anyways, making Dexterity pretty useless except for 3rd ally's damage improvement.

Also I do hate the idea of "Unavoidable spikes" which is probably one of the worst game design idea I seen in a while, I don't care if he nerfed how much you take from it or not, the very idea that you can't dodge it and they everywhere is stupid (I tried not to be brutally honest but that one bugs me). Add a way to dodge it, but don't force it on the player constantly to walk into it, it just don't make sense, it not even for plot reasons (not that there is one to begin with). It don't make the event harder, it just a waste of your HP as well as your HP pots over time.

Grinding is getting a lot more discouraged though, especially in easy mode where it should be easy, but no, medium is the new easy cause your regen there is better. That 300% XP really helps but it still quite a bit of a pain to even think of grinding.
lol Probably going to be the first event that I don't even complete the easy mode of. It's more work, than fun.
The event is the only point which makes you complain about IOU- really? I also joined iou ages ago and even if i am level 525 i did not achieved any more DPS for about, 2-3 months(?) now. That isn't fun at all. The primary thing you do in idle games is watching numbers grow, which isn't given here anymore, except by orbs.

Ten levels of abd for each playerlevel is a joke, everyone knows that. The concept in which you have to stay online to make any progress in the late game still forces me hate iou, even if i still play and try to love it. Thats a real problem, who cares about the new event or interface for instance? This online system isn't ecological and i will keep saying this in the forum in varios threads until anyone cares too, ray doesnt as it seems, sadly.

Edit: Also i don't want to play this event. Never missed any EP since the launch but i don't care this time. Anyway this is only my opinion- some players might like it, even if it did not sound like that in my guild (timeless). Focus on the real problems.