Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
IOU Pet Upgrade Analyzer v0.1d by Indigo Ferret
I have created an Excel spreadsheet to analyze the new pet upgrades in various ways.  Here is the file in Dropbox:

Version 0.1d 7/5/16
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7b3kptohgk120....xlsx?dl=0

If you are interested, please review and provide feedback.  I hope this can be a useful tool for the community.

Indigo Ferret
New version 0.1b has been uploaded fixing some linkages between tabs.
Is there any possible way to turn this into a google doc? Many people can't open excell or microsoft files.
(06-29-2016, 03:54 AM)Listat Wrote: Is there any possible way to turn this into a google doc? Many people can't open excell or microsoft files.

Yeah, I plan on doing that once I have gotten an initial round of feedback and made it more user friendly.
(06-29-2016, 04:20 AM)IndigoFerret Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 03:54 AM)Listat Wrote: Is there any possible way to turn this into a google doc? Many people can't open excell or microsoft files.

Yeah, I plan on doing that once I have gotten an initial round of feedback and made it more user friendly.

Awesome, I look forward to it, thanks for your hard work!
analyser doesnt work for me, as soon as i change somth in the node table, the links stop working

[Image: 4733ada6a1ba403f9b45dbc314d7421a.png]

edit: as soon as i change anything, it doesnt work anymore (just changed the pet orb dmg)
[Image: ddf4c4f094a94d8da0e7aadd3c80159f.png]
What is the first thing you changed that caused the #NAME error?
(06-30-2016, 03:13 AM)IndigoFerret Wrote: What is the first thing you changed that caused the #NAME error?

While I do of course not know what he did, I did notice that his screenshot looks very similar to what I see when I tried to open the Excel spreadsheet in OpenOffice. The reason for the #NAME error in that case is that OpenOffice does not know the ifna function.
(06-30-2016, 03:13 AM)IndigoFerret Wrote: What is the first thing you changed that caused the #NAME error?

I had the same issue as dem.  For me, it's because the IFNA function is only supported in Excel 2013 or later.  I have Excel 2010 on my home pc, so it doesn't work.
(06-28-2016, 02:20 PM)IndigoFerret Wrote: I have created an Excel spreadsheet to analyze the new pet upgrades in various ways.  Here is the file in Dropbox:

Version 0.1b 6/28/16
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n88ta6xtoupiea....xlsx?dl=0

If you are interested, please review and provide feedback.  I hope this can be a useful tool for the community.

Indigo Ferret

Where did you get the formulas for determining how each of the various upgrades affects DPS? Specifically, whether they're additive or multiplicative with each other?

I ask because, if your formulas are correct, then the game descriptions for some of the upgrades are very, very misleading.

Specifically, the description of Auto Damage says it increases damage on pets gained from your auto damage.  Which suggests the upgrade value should add some percentage of your non-pet damage to your bet damage.  But in your sheet, it's treated as a basic multiplier of the pet base damage, which is additive with (and for all relevant purposes identical to) strengthening.  I'm specifically referring to Pet Upgrade Sum cell 26, where B25 (base pet damage with orb/ascension modifiers) is multiplied by 1+B11+B12-0.4*B13.  If that's correct, then the auto damage upgrade has nothing to do with your auto damage at all.  In fact, you'd be better off ignoring it entirely and spending those PP on strengthening instead, which gives you 3 times the damage boost for far less PP.

Likewise, your sheet has final blow act as a 20% multiplier (multiplying by 1+B14/5).  But why divide by 5, when it's supposed to activate at under 25% hp? If we're assuming that all enemy HPs are equally likely, shouldn't it be 1/4 rather than 1/5?  And if we're not assuming that all enemy HPs are equally likely, how do we end up at 1/5 expected activation?