Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unifying the Old and New
Hey devs,

As you implement new features, don't forget about the older features of the game and tying them in to make the game feel more complete.

Here are some suggestions:
- Ascension upgrades for fishing (e.g. small % boost to quality)
- Ascension upgrades for orbs (e.g. small % reduction in gold costs, small % boost in orb effectiveness)
- Trophy upgrades for fishing cooldown
- Trophies rewards for accomplishing certain orbs and fishing milestones

Tanga
I love these ideas. Most of us longer term players have dozens and dozens of ascension points laying around with nothing to use them for.

Maybe like
5 levels of fish quality increase using ascension points. 5%,10%,15%,20%,25% quality boosts
5 levels of orb exp increase. Maybe 2%,4%,6%,8%,10% or 3%,6%,9%,12%,15%
I think Ray is working on a new ascension/trophy upgrades system (upgrade map or something like that), he mentioned it on the first community discussion a few months ago. Maybe it's still on discord.
(05-22-2016, 05:56 AM)alantangcs Wrote: As you implement new features, don't forget about the older features of the game and tying them in to make the game feel more complete.

Thank you.  Many games suffer from this lack of integration.  When I see holes like these it gives the appearance of abandonment.  Like the game was a final project for school and is now a resume trying to show every different function you've discovered.  in short a giant "Look at what I can do"

You guys have been more responsive than devs of other games, and that alone can take you far.  Just, please, look for more ways to make this seem less like "Oh I have an idea" and more like "yeah we always meant for it to be like this"

Nitpicking Example: Press Tab many times on the main screen. It'll cycle through what appears to be the order in which things were implemented. Which appears to be Hunting, Mining, Woodcutting, Expeditions, Challenges, Cards, Orbs and Fishing.  Is that how it was?
This game screams "Look at what I can do" like Stewart from MadTV.

Harsh because I care.