Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Events
Being an idle game, it's not insanely community oriented currently due to the genre's nature and development phase, however i'd like to offer some community-based events eventually.

Here are a couple thoughts, but please expand on them and offer some of your ideas as well. Nothing here in stone but something to think about for the future. Among the goals beyond turning an Idle game into a multiplayer online experience, was to challenge the genre and also make it a community-oriented and social experience somehow.

Global Scheduled Beast Battles 
All players can participate. It would provide a count-down timer on the right and once live, would join players to a queue that within 5 minutes joins all players evenly into 40 player battle instances. No timer on the beast, just a sewage-mouthful of health, and great rewards on the kill for all.

Monthly Guild Trivia
Perhaps with chat interface improvements and after the major guild patch, guilds could communicate within their guild chat on trivia questions that popup for all guilds. Trivia Leaders (appointed) could respond to the multiple choice and text-entry questions for Trivia Pts. All participants would be rewarded, and the top guilds would receive incentive-enticing rewards.

Have some ideas on this? Have you been a part of incredible social experiences in games in the past that you would love to see in IOU? Post 'em!
definitely beast battles they were a lot of fun on Retime maybe have a beast or two for each planet for level of difficulty. I also enjoyed the invasions there also. it would be like have aliens try to invade one of the planets on each ascension level and each planet again for difficulty levels.
I'm thrilled on the idea of 40 players vs Beasts!  Big Grin

Would the automatic queue also replace those of a 40-players group who log out of the game while battling a Beast? Or would the group simply find itself with less players after each departure so that noone has the lucky (and perhaps undeserved) chance to join a group when a Beast is already on the verge of death and earn the same spoils? After all if Beasts do not have timer the only downside would be that killing them would take twice as much if 20 players log out right away.

Alternatively a good compromise could be that the spoils are given out in proportion to how many HP each player took out, like for example:

player A = 20% HP taken out = 20% total spoils
player B = 16% HP taken out = 16% total spoils
player batman symbol = 2% HP taken out = 2% total spoils

This way players who leave the Beast beforehand could be replaced right away by others via queue and it would still be well balanced in terms of rewards.

As for the trivia, I'm not too fond of those (especially if they're centered on US-only known facts, like what is depicted on the flag of Louisiana etc), but they could be a nice variation to the usual mob killing and so why not?  Smile  Would the monthly trivia events occur at a set time? If so, I hope they will be spread out to best suit different time zones so that some people don't have to stay up at 3.00 a.m. to answer maths questions, haha!  Big Grin