Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What can be done to improve your holidays?
(12-24-2015, 07:54 PM)Poems Wrote: What sharkhunt said isn't wrong, but it is disagreed with mostly because people on the forums have a very weak spine and get personally upset when someone calls Ray out. Could Ray have done more? Absolutely. An overwhelming number of people both on the forums and in the Kong chatrooms see Ray as some type of flawless God of developers. That's just not true. If people could hop off Rays shaft for 5 minutes, the flaws in the game are painfully obvious. Sharkhunt was 100% right when he said "Might as well call IOU R2 Games". Anyone who knows about R2 will agree after the blackhole event. As much as he claims that he tries to make IOU not pay 2 win, that event was a complete joke. It's not an accident when you put in bonus levels for spending on that atrocious of a level. Sure Yahoo hosting is terrible and most of the game crashes are out of Rays hands, but players have been more than patient with the endless months of "swapping servers soon".

That's not to say IOU is a complete trash game. It has its good features. The infinite challenge update boosted free players quite a bit, not just the paying players. Most of the events are good and are quite generous with giving out free premium currency. IOU is one of the only MMOs out there(If not the only) that throws premium currency at players for free. Things still need to be done to balance the game more. I'm pretty damn tired of seeing people 10-20 levels below me with 200-400% more dps than me when I've been playing 2,3,4x longer than them.

The response to my response is obvious. After reading, all the little fanboys will come crying "Don't be so mean to Ray he is trying his hardest!", "You're wrong moron, don't you read the patch notes!?", "Then quit if you think the game is bad, no one cares that you're around". Simple and plain, the game will not get better if people do not point out the negatives. When people do point out the negatives however, it's mostly only met with negative feedback.  If Ray is going to make IOU another p2w craphole, then of course we are going to complain, with recent events that's exactly where this game is heading. When people have a DPS after playing for ~150 days that a free player couldn't reach if they played IOU for 5 years straight then it becomes a problem.

Who cares though right? Flame me fanboys.

Eh, I believe the majority of the people probably agree with you.
You can usually find me here!
Just make the resting time to give you what you lost exp/gold wise when you come back.If we already have planed an offline system gains that was postponed because of all this yahoo issues why just not make a temporar improvement by raising the resting time to give you all your lost exp/gold when you come back up to 8h maybe.
I didn't read ANY of the posts in this forum, but personally I think that one of the best things you could do for us to compensate for all the downtime is get a BETTER OFFLINE SYSTEM going. Like, real offline progress or at the very least not one that so heavily punishes you for having the game closed. With all of the server outages and restarts I've probably had somewhere near a day of rested exp over the last 3-ish days which means I have been missing a lot because of all the outages. A better offline progress system could so easily make any amount of downtime not such a big deal.
(12-24-2015, 06:15 PM)Beefbump Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:09 PM)Sharkhunt Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:07 PM)Beefbump Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 05:27 PM)Sharkhunt Wrote: You know what, I think I am done.

I am one of the first players on kong since early early Beta.

I patiently waited for months, while instead of content, you added mini events.   People kept talking about how you needed to code events so that next year there were already there. I am not one of those people.

You said you didnt want to add new content until the server swap, as you would have to redo all the code after the swap.  This never stopped you from adding events though, but the same problem doesn't apply, really?

Your black hole event was the money grab from hell.   Might as well call IOU "R2 games" by that point.

Finally, we get content this month (infinite challenge series).  Barely up and running, and down go the servers.  crash crash crash.   Same explanation for the past months (swapping servers soon!)

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Guess this 3rd time (4th?!?) makes me an even bigger idiot.  

I bought the event packs for this update.  Went to work, came back to hearing of many crashes, Yet again, losing hours and hours of log in time.  Given the track record, you might as well make offline rewards equal 100%.  Given this update, the failure to run, failure to swap, I would like my purchases refunded for this event.  Its not worth it.   Why play a game where you have to be on 24/7 to get any good rate of gain, and have it crash over and over with the same spiel explaining it?

I was sad when many long timers quit the game.   Several before me gave the same reasons I just posted when they quit.   now its my turn i guess.  You made a great game, are a smart friendly developer, that is not delivering hardcore on anything you have said in the past few months.

Then leave, but i guarantee you wont get your money back it was your fault you spent money, wasnt a smistake. He is doing all he can and is trying to recomp us for yahoos sake. he said multiple times that if server migration took too long then he was going to make an update im sure you didnt complain then getting that bonus damage.

who are you? why do i care what you think?  He isn't doing all he can.  hes pumping sunshine like he has for months.  same answers.   Keep licking those boots.

No actually he hasnt, he has given an update on the server and actually has things testing and working in the update. how about you read for once you moronic piece of shit

Haha, who are you again bootlicker?
I have read all those comments and frankly i need to say 2 things:

1. No matter how correct you are about the delays and content updates, especially the neverending server swap, this is a gem among MMO games. It is a true f2p and Ray gives a lot. Maybe its just the greed of the other developers and not his skills that created that, but it is true.
2. It is an idle game. Things should go slow. Its the core of idle games. So even if we get behind due to crashes, we will just take longer to get nowere. There is no end goal, this is supposed to go on for as long as any of us want to keep playing. So if you have fun with the game, just keep playing. If you think you cannot wait longer because you were supposed to get some were sooner but the whatever delayed you, guess what : You shouldnt have been playing this game anw.

And personal note, Ray is not a developer god, but i truly believe he is doing his best. Not the best it COULD be done. The best HE can do.
(12-25-2015, 01:34 AM)Sharkhunt Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:15 PM)Beefbump Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:09 PM)Sharkhunt Wrote: who are you? why do i care what you think?  He isn't doing all he can.  hes pumping sunshine like he has for months.  same answers.   Keep licking those boots.

No actually he hasnt, he has given an update on the server and actually has things testing and working in the update. how about you read for once you moronic piece of shit

Haha, who are you again bootlicker?

This is only going to go to farther negative insults, I think you guys end that conversation.=

-----
You're right though SharkHunt (about what you first said) but we really don't know his personal life or the specific reason of the inability to change provider.
I'd assume he kept adding content because he knew he couldn't change from Yahoo anytime soon? Why else would he of added stuff, the average person would have gotten mad if their was nothing on holidays anyway.

I see what you're saying though there's lots of faults about the game… 

Don't really have much to say xD sry more or less just wanted that negativity to hit the dead end, and not much you can honestly argue cause it's so true.. :#
The blackhole event was without a doubt a horrible pay2win event. But, I believe that was kong and not Ray, for the simple reasoning that Ray puts limits on event packs. If he was truly greedy, he would make them unlimited but that isn't the case. IOU is Ray's business, it is a means to provide for himself and his family. With that in mind, it is understandable as to why every month he makes sure an event is released. It is a constant income of money which is fine.

Logically it makes sense that he works 90% on the server transfer and 10% on events ( imo events that have fallen short from early game events). However, as players we seldom care about logic, we just want to have fun. It would make sense to only create good events and content when on the new server but the problem is is that players, especially long time players have become bored waiting.

Imo the focus should shift to 40% server transfer, 50% new content and 10% events. I personally hate the instability of the current server and want stable servers asap but then I also want new content as well. Which is apparent that I can't have both. At this point in time, I rather suffer with no content until the new servers are ready. However, it is apparent that other players(majority) disagree wholeheartedly and would prefer good content on the regular vs working on stable servers.

If half assed content continues to be released with Ray's intent to complete the server transfer, he should at least release weekly tidbits of content. Ex. trophy upgrades, insights to new buildings, implement challenges. Such as if x amount of monsters/bosses are killed in total by every player, the community gets x rewards via code( taken from my own game in dev ). Little things that will make the game more enjoyable week to week and will allow f2p the same rewards as a p2w because it is done as a community.

In the end, as a long time player myself I appreciate Ray's efforts in developing the game and appreciate it even more that he has threads such as this that allows constructive criticism to his game.