Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge Series System
(12-21-2015, 08:46 PM)Cheetah Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 04:08 PM)s4j Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 03:15 PM)KCheetah Wrote: Lost 3K DPS thanks to this update. Only people it helps are the completely noob and people who have the level 200+ bonus already. This is a really severe nerf if you're level 100 - 199.

Edit: Actually lost 4k... what on earth were you thinking Ray?

You'll spend a relatively short amount of time in that level range, though, especially if you have a high level player willing to boost you once you ascend at 130. If you don't know anyone who can help here, PM me and I'd be glad to - if today's change to challenges is any indication this feature might be on the chopping block too.

In a few days to a week you'll benefit a lot from this change from here on out. You lost 3 or 4K and level 200+ players gained a million or more.

I hope so, getting those last 10 levels is a real struggle now. He really needs to add a flat damage boost for level 100 players. Maybe 2k or so. Because that's the difference between tier 3 inferno and tier 4 xp/gold rates is pretty substantial.
2k for lvl 100 :O The amount of stupid suggestions in rising to a critical level...

You gain 50 extra base damage for hitting 100. And 500 for hitting 200. These are reasonable numbers. Not flat 2k just because one greedy guy wants to hit whatever he wants asap. 

Learn to adjust, get use to changes. Inferno tiers were once changed completely and people had to reduce their inf tiers by a lot.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
i kinda like the new challenge system, just the way it works not so much. the challenge should work against your personal strength, not just being a flat hp increase of the mob. like some sort of defense against dps/dmg or somth.
(12-21-2015, 07:23 PM)pimc Wrote: PS all of you pretending this "balance" is great used the old rewards,and planned (or not) your game according with them, amazing how fast you forget and how happy you are for mid lvls being severely nerfed

I have 2 alt accounts in what you call the mid-levels.  I didn't bother begging for challenge carries on them, and only did a group/duo if they could complete the solo (which is the way it used to be back in the day - you had to do the solo)  They had 500 CPs (not 700)

They broke out dead even with this update (not including the series bonus - which I haven't done on them yet). The only accounts of mine that lost DPS were the AT-1 and AT-2 accounts I use just for carrying people through the early levels and relied on those flat numbers because their actual numbers were pitiful and not going to grow very much in those tiers.

If you had duo and group challenges completed without the solos and that gave you enough CPs for a milestone - yeah you probably lost DPS in the short term. And that's the other key point - the DPS you lost is a short term loss. You will grow to the point where the percent system gives you the same as you would have had before and then you will get more DPS than the flat system got. So short-term loss (where you shouldn't have really had the bonus to begin with) for a long term gain.
Before it was just... everything in gold and rely on challenge milestone with carries for damage. Oh and way less carries than now. Now it requires a more balanced approach.

Also, this means that our leveling speed up to our current level is lower than what newer players have. Even more so since we didn't have orbs back then. Pets were buffed and so on. This is all fine with me though, and I'm glad for the changes.
(12-21-2015, 11:57 PM)Brouwer Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 08:46 PM)Cheetah Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 04:08 PM)s4j Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 03:15 PM)KCheetah Wrote: Lost 3K DPS thanks to this update. Only people it helps are the completely noob and people who have the level 200+ bonus already. This is a really severe nerf if you're level 100 - 199.

Edit: Actually lost 4k... what on earth were you thinking Ray?

You'll spend a relatively short amount of time in that level range, though, especially if you have a high level player willing to boost you once you ascend at 130. If you don't know anyone who can help here, PM me and I'd be glad to - if today's change to challenges is any indication this feature might be on the chopping block too.

In a few days to a week you'll benefit a lot from this change from here on out. You lost 3 or 4K and level 200+ players gained a million or more.

I hope so, getting those last 10 levels is a real struggle now. He really needs to add a flat damage boost for level 100 players. Maybe 2k or so. Because that's the difference between tier 3 inferno and tier 4 xp/gold rates is pretty substantial.
2k for lvl 100 :O The amount of stupid suggestions in rising to a critical level...

You gain 50 extra base damage for hitting 100. And 500 for hitting 200. These are reasonable numbers. Not flat 2k just because one greedy guy wants to hit whatever he wants asap. 

Learn to adjust, get use to changes. Inferno tiers were once changed completely and people had to reduce their inf tiers by a lot.

Completely agree with brouwer, i remember doing 130-200 on inferno 3/4.... didn't get inf 10 till lvl like 215
2K is literally nothing compared with what you get after you reach level 200.
I think that in idle/incremental games like this.. EVERYTHING really needs to be % based.. otherwise it doesn't scale, and parts of the game become irrelevant. Challenges had become so. Now they're not, and it's set up so they'll always be something to work on.

Now that I've had a couple days to digest, I'd REALLY like to see time extend work... and perhaps scale back the awards a bit (maybe make infinite challenge .75%/4% instead of 1/5).. that would add more strategy without just giving more bonus (which are already pretty huge). Making decisions like using time extend to get a greater challenge bonus, or click damage, or going directly to auto are the sort of things that make a game like this interesting.
I think it might work for everyone to keep the old challenge system in place for pre-level 200. Then, once you hit inferno levels, the new challenge system is unlocked with % increases.
At first I thought a never ending challenge series would be a disaster. But after seeing what Ray put in place I have to say it seems really good.

First I like the move to percentages because it reduces the drive to get carries under the old system. They are still useful, but they no longer make up over half your damage for certain level ranges. This was another big worry of mine with an unending challenge because people would constantly be pushing for those milestones. It's solo right now so that doesn't matter anyway, but even if it becomes a duo or group thing it won't be an issue because it's a bunch of small percentages. People will still get carried but there isn't a big difference between getting that carry today or tomorrow, or even net week. If it's delayed the carry will just get you further anyway.

Second I agree with the move of removing any one time diamond or resource bonus from the unending challenge. This means it's all about getting a damage boost, not about the other rewards. I of course want those rewards to stay for the original challenges, and I'd love to see more challenges like them with those rewards. I don't like the idea of such challenges that provide more than a damage boost where only a handful of people can actually beat them.
(12-25-2015, 05:29 PM)pimc Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 11:49 PM)Brouwer Wrote: 4. Few months ago hitting 140 required ~3 months and you had 1 lvl per day if lucky.

obviously you have no clue about leveling,but thats another topic

lol Brouwer is one of the older players in the game and one of the best at coming up with the most efficient ways to level. The game in the past was much harder to level up in. It's fine to disagree with him but don't be silly.