Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 12 :: 2015 :: October
Howdy Folks,

Welcome to October....So the soul orb system is out, and we have a lot of work ahead now.

What i'm focusing on right now:
  • Improved offline gain system
  • New chat system (prepped for mobile as well)
  • Halloween Event
What i'll be focusing on soon:
  • Fishing
  • New Expanded options system (prepped for mobile as well)
  • Challenge system expansion
Good news for you crystal shoppaholics who may have made some mistakes in orb unlocks for the next patch.

While there won't be any orb investment resets currently (or maybe ever), you will be able to spend 10 crystals to reset which orbs you unlocked to allow you to select a different build.

This will not take away current investments in orbs, so if you unlock that orb again, your previous investment will still be there.
In preparations for the next patch, i've been working on a new chat system.

The style of the new chat will be a little inconsistent with the previous chat system, or other windows as it is the first major UI component with Resolution & Mobile support in mind.

Beyond a small potential of adding skinning capability down the road, you can probably expect the following features:
  • Seeing the level of the player sending the message
  • Seeing the timestamp of the player sending the message
  • System messages should stand out far more clear
  • The ability to expand the chat window across the battle window for chat-focus, along with being able to read long chat messages with more ease
  • No more battle window shrinking
This isn't the most exciting 'feature' coming, but one that has been lingering in the to-do list for far too long.

Halloween event development begins after this patch, likely late this week/weekend, depending how smooth my move goes lol.

Regarding support, we will have a new user for Community Relations (Alice) who will be able to assist with re-instancing of parties & guilds, and will hopefully be able to assist in chat moderation on Kongregate soon, among other things Idea  

I'm also intending on working with someone later this week on preparing server design for the potential service transfer away from Yahoo's Gamesnet - the service that has been holding the game back for a while with a plague of service issues.

I appreciate how patient you guys have been with all of this as I can certainly understand how annoying these same occurrences must be getting. Rest assured, I haven't been resting well with these issues still kicking around and i'm working around the clock in preparations for the long-term improvements of the service Smile

Ray
19968B48157C623FBD095B4A565B5BB
198EEF8ED6A9FE76D6B3F30F02150B4
197D88164F3E2D9109EE770223212A0
196893F80D6830D62765FFAD7721742
195E4A3297FE25A71D030B67EB83BFC
194A684F98EA8FE223C713B77189A77

Now that I have your attention Wink

Patch is aiming for Monday 2PM. Most of it is ready but there's a good amount of testing to go through first.
This patch does NOT include the Halloween event, that will likely be released ~Oct 25-29th as some of the assets are still in the works.
There is a lot going on in the background that isn't overly exciting for players, but regardless, a lot is going on in preparation of moving the game to a more stable service, expanding the game more globally, and just general preparations for actual exciting aspects (Such as avatars and crafting and beasts and Offline Gains and Challenge Overhaul and Pet Arena tiering and Fishing and...).

I gauruntee i'm just as or more excited to get these features in the game but there's other hindrances that i'm working to push aside, so stay tuned....they are definitely still features coming to an IOU near you.

It has been a bumpy ride and i'm sure there will be more bumps on the road in the next month but that being said I appreciate how amazing the community has been in putting up with the frustrating instance issues among other things.

The patch will generally include:
  • Some significant bug fixes and work arounds
  • Significant New chat system that just may make it viable to use!
  • Ability to reset orb unlocks. It gives orb unlocks for free until you unlock the same amount of orbs that you previously had
  • Profanity Filter (WIP - i'd like to make this a comical feature rather than a serious one)
  • Some back end security features to track goofballs
Have a great weekend folks!
Ray
The Halloween Event looks like it will be released on the 28th. A time is not quite set yet.

Some little info tidbits:
  • You can expect the best / highest rewards of any event in the past this Halloween smile emoticon
  • This will not be a mindless grind, nor will it take a ton of work. The event is being designed to make it a very simple, somewhat passive interaction
  • 2 Event Packs will be available as usual
  • 30 EP will be possible from the gameplay of this event (instead of the regular 25)
  • There will be 3 one-time temporary packs included in this event at $5, $10, and $15. These packs were added as part of the feedback over the last few months of there being no heaper packs. They will not include Event Points, nor will they be required for the event, but have a few extra goodies beyond regular diamond packs.
  • Since the event is pretty passive, and doesn't require a huge grind, I may be taking the feedback of many from the past here and leaving the event running until the following event becomes active...making it so there's always an event running at any given time.

PS. Bonus Code Candy for tonight:
219F20482CDE7E5EACAF7364A643D33

For the first 25 claims, +400 Diamonds!: 
22083A84163B3523AFE57C2E008BC8C

Cheers,
Ray