Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Event = 4 days
(09-01-2015, 01:16 AM)RammboNr5 Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 09:25 AM)Kaotik Wrote: The problem now is the botters/scripters.  Yes, anyone can make one and run it...but, what is the fun in that.

1) Anyone can run a bot/script, but not everyone can make one

2)Making the bot is actually pretty fun because it needs a lot of thinking and usually someone who makes a bot has fun coding. So for the coder it just shifts the fun from the event to making the bot

1. Yes, everyone can make a script, you just need to know where to look, and read a little bit...hell, even hit youtube. I could tell my youngest child where to go, and she could do it.
2. I will agree with you to an extent, and re-phrase what I said previously, since I think most people got what I was saying, and others like yourself, took it a different way. Yes, once you learn coding/scripting, it is fun to see your end result, and what you've accomplished. Hell, I'll go as far as saying it's exciting when you finally finish a long script, and it works like you intend it to. Now, am I talking about playing games with a script, no, and that's where my re-phrasing will come into play. What fun is it to have a bot / script play a game for you? How is it enjoyable? Why not just make your own game, and script/bot it there? I guess what I'm saying is, there can't be much fun or enjoyment, or even accomplishment, in having a script run 24/7, playing a game for you.
This is a pretty easy and straightforward game, and scripting overall doesn't hurt anyone else...yet. *Opinion alert* I think it is wrong to bot or script games, and wouldn't do it. That's just me though. If you do script and bot, that's on you. Eventually, they will be caught and banned. It's not a matter of "if" you get caught, more of when. I don't look down or hate botters, not that how I feel about someone matters to that person, or what ever. Just my humble opinion, and I know everyone doesn't agree, and everyone is entitled to their opinion as well.
I know several folks in my guild, myself included, have finished the event already.

I do not use any sort of external program to play, and I didn't do much farming once my valor was exhausted. So I know first-hand that a bot or ridiculous farming is not needed to have already completed the event.

I would like to see more levels added or at least the option to get the event button off my screen, I don't want to stare at it for the next 2 weeks.