Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Event = 4 days
(08-30-2015, 11:46 AM)aslan132 Wrote: its not just script kitties and botting/macros that have finished. There was also a bug with lag early on that got some people to stage 15+ on day one, and there was a small window from a patch that allowed people to gain x1000 rewards from first kills, instead of x100. So with the bugs, there was bound to be people who finished quickly, and not all cheaters (at least not on purpose). But its still their fault for exploiting the bugs and finishing early, they should not be rewarded for that with another event or extension giving them diamonds or anything else. Let them enjoy their victory and wait with the rest of the people for the next event to come along in a couple weeks. Maybe next time they will think twice before exploiting bugs or using macros.

I think that Ray plans on the next event being around Thanksgiving...but I'm not very sure. So it's not gonna be within a couple of weeks.

Also it's true that the event should not be extended. The event was supposed to be hard in the first place, but with everyone complaining (including me) he made it much, much easier. If he gives no ep rewards, maybe...but that still means the people who macro/bot/script will be getting the most out of it. This will work if it's easy enough for everyone to complete within the two or more weeks we got left.
You can usually find me here!
(08-30-2015, 05:07 PM)Void Wrote: I think that Ray plans on the next event being around Thanksgiving...but I'm not very sure. So it's not gonna be within a couple of weeks.

I believe the next event is planned for Halloween (October). That's what I had last read him saying in a dev post.
Dang, that's even longer Tongue
You can usually find me here!
I finished 25 a few hours ago. I didn't bot, and was stuck on level 5 the first day. So, after he made it easier, that's when I blew through it. I also did very little 0 valor farming, probably only about 10 million points worth or so, and most of that was when I was trying to beat level 25. Ray is a good developer, but, I think he caters to us a little much. Finishing this event 17 days early, was kind of a let down. That being said, I love the free stuff for sure. The problem now is the botters/scripters. Yes, anyone can make one and run it...but, what is the fun in that. Grab a copy of the great Event DPS spreadsheet, and follow that and you'll be good. I basically went off of that the whole time. I really hope Ray doesn't extend the event. He did so much work on this, and just to have people complain about how hard it was, 8 hours into the event...that's garbage in my book. So Ray, if you read this, Don't extend it. Let it be as it is, don't reward the complainers with Diamonds/AP/Gold/Pet food, etc.
+1 to Kaotik you did a fantastic job Ray. event would have taken the whole time but they wanted it to be easy. Spend the time like you said developing NEW content.
maybe extend the event without rewards.
just to have a challenge, the event is so much fun Wink
It actually would be kinda hard to please everyone, some will argue they like they can casually get all the rewards without needing to sit at the computer and hardcore the events, which is fair to all but leaves hardcore with not much to do, maybe a challenge stages or something extra to do that doesn't reward does make sense if it possible to finish in reasonable time frame. So hardcore generally hate this option but casuals will love it.

Of course then you got the other end, where they hate the idea of being unable to get all the event rewards without going hardcore and giving up on life duties to do it, cause of how strict of a time frame you have to do so even when constantly watching/doing stuff on it every few hours. The orbs last event can be a good example, some just never got all the orbs even with extensions, buffs... etc...

The point of the event is to have fun with it, as long as you did, I think it served its purpose, you not overly stressed to get all stages done in time, while still playing it time to time even after that just to see how ridiculous your team can get.
Just completed the event this morning too, no macros or *** like that, just idling and ignoring click upgrades, there should be an incremental level so you can play the same level for a reward but it gets harder and harder every time...
===(Updated 15/03/2017)===
- Level : 603
- IOU Score: 96453
- Support Lv: 8
- Lineage Lv: 12
- Pets: x2 Mammoth Lv7
Events are intended to benefit as many players as possible given the allotted time and not just the dedicated few who rush to complete it.  This includes casuals who may only play for a few hours a day at most and do zero extra farming (hence the 50 valor).  Try to look at it from that perspective instead of simply "I've finished it already and i'm bored, give me more"  If you've already completed it then just sit back and enjoy the remainder of the event bonuses while they last.
(08-31-2015, 09:25 AM)Kaotik Wrote: The problem now is the botters/scripters.  Yes, anyone can make one and run it...but, what is the fun in that.

1) Anyone can run a bot/script, but not everyone can make one

2)Making the bot is actually pretty fun because it needs a lot of thinking and usually someone who makes a bot has fun coding. So for the coder it just shifts the fun from the event to making the bot
"Sir, we are surrounded" - "Excellent, then we can attack in all directions!"