Poll: Which system sounds best to you?
I like the PENALTY system best.
I like the INCENTIVE system best.
Either system sounds fine to me.
I don't like either system / I don't think there needs to be incentive for people to stay in guilds.
I have a better idea! (that I am posting in reply to this thread)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild loyalty incentive
Not sure if this has been suggested before or not, but I've noticed that a lot of people don't have any sense of guild loyalty and will switch guilds without thinking if they think they are progressing faster than their guild or if another guild tempts them into it. So my suggestion is pretty simple: a system in place that would encourage people to stay in the guild they are in.

This could be done in a number of different ways. The first way it could be done is a PENALTY system. The idea behind this would be people would be "debuffed" upon leaving a guild so that they don't get any of the guild's building buffs (or maybe just a % like 50%) for X amount of time (a week?).

Alternatively, instead of a penalty system there could be an INCENTIVE system in place where players earn some sort of currency (let's call it Loyalty Points?) that is non-transferable to other guilds (so if they switch to a new guild they start over at 0). These loyalty points would act as a multiplier to the guild's building buffs and earn at a set rate (One a day? Week? Perhaps starting off at one a week, then slowly gaining more over time up to one a day? For example: 1 for the first week, then 2 the second week, then 3 the 3rd week, etc. until you get 7 for week 7 onward. Finally week 17 would give 9 for an even 100 points). Each point would multiply the guild's building buffs by 1% (.5%? .25%?) up to a maximum of 100% (50%? 25%?).

Granted, 17 weeks might be a bit long but the idea can be adjusted to fit any length of time that seems reasonable. The gist of the idea is staying in the guild you are in is better off in the short run and if you could potentially make it just as good if not better than the guild you're tempted to transfer into, then you might consider staying more heavily.

If this system is implemented I would suggest that everyone starts at ZERO LP so that people that have been playing in the same guild forever don't instantly get this huge boost -- as well as the fact that it would force everyone to seriously consider if they want to be in the guild they are currently in for the long haul or if they want to find a new one ASAP and then build LP in THAT guild instead.

In the end, I think this idea would help eliminate guild disloyalty almost entirely and would encourage more active and friendly guild participation.
Leave it as is - people shouldn't be punished if they join a guild and it's shit.
Interesting idea but...that sorta causes issues with top guilds having an even harder time at finding players that can keep pace whenever guild halls gets upgraded.
Yeah, what if your guild was mostly in-actives? I don't like the penalty system.

The incentive system is eh, but the same thing could happen. Invest all your points into the guild...guild goes bye bye....now you're screwed.

Disloyal people are a part of life, so might as well be part of the game too Tongue
You can usually find me here!
I think what we have is actually really good. There's incentive to contribute to your guild, while at the same time it's not crushing if you switch.
I see either of your "solutions" as things that will cause more problems. Making people feel obligated to stay in your guild isn't the same as loyalty to your guild. You don't want someone to be punished because a guild dies and they stay active. If you want to inspire loyalty in your guild then do it. If you need a feature to keep people in your guild then something else is going wrong.
We currently have a pretty open system for players, but I do agree there is little to keep players from using guilds as stepping stones... although I think it isn't as horrible of an issue.

I would like a system that grants +GXP for each week if you stayed in the same guild that week. No ramp up for extended players in the same guild, just if you didn't join or jump into another guild during that week, no bonus.
(08-18-2015, 10:55 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: I think what we have is actually really good.  There's incentive to contribute to your guild, while at the same time it's not crushing if you switch.

+1
Andez - Click Heroes
No just no.

Such a bad idea. Would be horrible.

edit: If people leave your guild then you arent giving them what they want. If people play a game and feel trapped forced into something then they will just stop playing the game.
Dont kill the game. Be a better guild instead.
(08-18-2015, 06:05 PM)Zakariaz Wrote: No just no.

Such a bad idea. Would be horrible.

edit: If people leave your guild then you arent giving them what they want. If people play a game and feel trapped forced into something then they will just stop playing the game. 
Dont kill the game. Be a better guild instead.

This is fine now, I get what your saying.  However, what's to keep the top players in the guild once a guild pvp is initiated?  If someone joins a guild, knowing fully that the guild is "just for fun" but has high building levels.  Now, when the time comes for Guild PvP, that player that was in your guild, got boosted, got his levels and power up, decides to jump ship to a guild with a higher IOU score.  That's where I feel there should be some penalty.  

I like the penalty idea, no guild buffs, and can't join another for 3-7 days.