Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 4 :: 2015 :: February
First challenge complete and went successful Smile Just need to limit some actions during challenges, hopefully get a 2nd challenge in, and the new patch should be out hopefully for the 17th, giving me several days to work out additional challenges and duo / group modes!
The 2nd challenge is in...currently totaling 18 new creatures in 2 separate challenges (5 in one, 13 in the 2nd), with potentially hundreds more to come in the long-term.

Should definitely have the new challenge system patch out within 24-36 hours.
Should be getting the new challenge patch out pretty shortly.

Also, another new challenge has been added! in this patch alone, 30 new creatures have been added to the game.
It appears some people were disappointed with the difficulty of the current challenges, which is somewhat expected if people thought that there would be enough room for low levels to complete at least a few challenges.

It's very early, so my only regret is not waiting a little longer for it to be more completed with more challenges.

Anyhow, the new Clix system is in the works, along with more challenges, and the duo / group modes. This may take several days as these are all massive systems that require a lot of testing, and even then bugs can sneak in. I am very excited by the game's development this month asI know the game will be a lot more complete with all of this implemented. I'll do my very best to get things rolling out ASAP.

I'm also excited for March! With this being probably the biggest, more complex system in the game, I expect quicker development after this month.

I'm pumped for:

Phase 3: Marketing/Distribution: Affiliate System (more for big publishers - this isn't a referral system yet) & Unofficial Android Mobile Release (for testing before publishing)
Phase 4: Another major feature!
The next patch should be out by this weekend the latest. This next patch is surprisingly big....Plenty of balance changes, the new Clix system, several fixes. Visual changes...

I'll be working to include 2-3 more challenges (No Duo / Group yet), and the ability to respec Trophy / Ascension upgrades.

The next patch after this, Duo / Group challenges will be worked on, I swear! A lot of random little things had come up that needed a bit of devotion in the meantime.
Man! What a todo list this patch has become, most of which wasn't even related to the challenge system, but a good amount of spring cleaning (if spring will ever come) on a bunch of little issues in balancing and bugs.

I'll be spending the next couple days working on the new challenges and the patch will be ready Smile
So Clix is out! I'll be monitoring things with this new system and making adjustments from there. Duo/Group modes for Challenges are also in the works! Probably 2 more challenges will be added this month, and then more later during the next content update (which will include the final ascension and planet 10).

A few other mini fixes/changes likely in the mix but we are nearing completion with this feature phase and will finally be moving on to new things soon enough.
Challenge DUO / GROUP modes are taking a little longer than expected. There's a lot more going into this system to try to ensure it's as smooth as possible. I can't really say exactly when the next patch will be but i'm aiming for this weekend the latest.
Finally! Tested the first duo challenge, and it went well!

This test was done while in an existing party. Starting a challenge while in a party will forward both players to the challenge instance. I currently haven't yet completed the queue system for 'Challenge Listing', but it's coming along.

I ran into 2 issues i'll be working towards, and that was that after the challenge, both players return to their own battle rooms which breaks the party up (one that existed before the challenge). I'll have to set up a way for the challenge rooms to redirect players back to their previous room.

The second issue was that I was able to drag a level 5 into level 25 challenge territory as the drag seemed to bypass the prerequisite check. Glad I caught that little exploit before it became a problem.

Hopefully by tomorrow i'll have the listing system complete, with open duo challenges up and running, giving me a few days to get the group challenges running and finish up the rest of my todo. More news tomorrow.
Second duo challenge testing phase done! Listing is up and running, and I was able to join another player's challenge. I also have a full page of things that need to get done for this patch, need to test group (5/6 player) challenges, among a lot of other preparations.

This challenge system, while extremely overwhelming, is likely the most difficult and complex feature that will make its way into the game. The weight of the most complicating feature in the game being implemented off my shoulders and being able to move onto clean-up & more features is becoming an exciting thought.