Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October
Gerd Evening...

This will be the weakest dev blog in a while as we begin ramping up for the beginning of November.

As you've seen we pushed updates a lot more frequently. Mostly smaller but long-term cleaning that I hope is making a positive impact for the game.

Servers
After a lot of the optimizations that have made things far more responsive, and attempts to clean up the issues with challenge rooms, a couple lingering issues are still possibly present. I've been slow releasing new server builds each time an issue arises, and -so far- the newer builds have been completely stable, with a few older ones appearing to cause hiccups. Every time a server hiccups, I check to see if it's a new issues, or an old issue that was already fixed on a newer build, then replace that server with the newest build.

Sorry for pushing the optimization experiments so early but I didn't want them to hold development back.

If the disconnections persist, i'll be looking at implementing a quick and sloppy fishing auto-start if disconnection happens while you were fishing, to have it affect users far less through their nights.

Competition
The community competiton is getting locked up in the next day or so. We'll need 1-2 weeks to process things, so hang in there.

Also, I really appreciate the effort users have gone into posting items for this competition. I'm looking forward to actually implementing at least a couple of the ideas, and possibly using others for the future.

I'm expecting to have a new ComComp for December as well.

Expedition System
This weekend was a little slower for development than things have been in a while, and tomorrow is Halloween so i'll be quite busy. However i'm looking at getting internal testing for the new Harvesting system (with or without placement pieces just to get the sampling across) and then push public testing later this week.

I'm quite looking forward to getting the first half out for improvements as soon as possible, then release it publicly while working out the 2nd half, grab feedback, improve, release, then move on to the next survey feature.

I'll save the rest for next week's new monthly dev-blog. 

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October - Ray - 10-03-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October - Ray - 10-10-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October - Ray - 10-10-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October - Ray - 10-13-2016, 11:23 PM
RE: Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October - Ray - 10-17-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October - Ray - 10-24-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: Dev Diary 23 :: 2016 :: October - Ray - 10-31-2016, 09:55 AM